• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I did, they are extremely nice and it was a pleasure to interact with them, we tried a remake and it fixed sleeve length and shoulders width (almost) but none of the other issues. I am very aware it is not easy to find a proper fitting on me. Though they never mentioned darts and I never asked for those to be honest. The thing that bother me the most is the pulling pectoral vs excess back. There I never know how to fix it, on bespoke it is easier, they just expand the front chest panel by not touching the back of the shirt but here is more complicated as there are only certain fixed adjustments.
Might you have a picture of such a bespoke one you could share?

Any reason an alterations tailor couldn't make the back of that one suitable?

PScarpy

Reaction score
Might you have a picture of such a bespoke one you could share?

Any reason an alterations tailor couldn't make the back of that one suitable?

it’s just the process of bespoke that is different from the one in MTM. With bespoke you go and the tailor just see what is needed and changes it. You need more fabric in the pectoral and less in the back underarm? He can do that for you. That’s not so easy with MTM, you add on chest you get more on the circumference, that could be wrong in my case.
As for that one I do need a remake anyway, shoulders are pulling, chest is pulling and I even had no pizza party in a while, that button is going to expolde next time I go wild on carbs ?
Bottom back is less bothering me, I cannot see my own back!
Alterations aren’t easy too where I live unfortunately. I need to travel a while to get to a place where they can do it. I rather pay for a whole new shirt from scratch.

Last edited:

bantone

Reaction score
Has anyone bought an outerwear coat from Proper Cloth in this thread? If so I'd love to see it.

feb112020

Reaction score
Hi friends. I just got a remake of my first Proper Cloth shirt. It's an untucked casual linen shirt. I want a more relaxed look but still polished. Think southern Italy or Naples during the summer. I'm curious to get folk's feedback on changes. I'm 6ft 190lb with long arms. Thanks!

View attachment 1463417 View attachment 1463418 View attachment 1463419 View attachment 1463420 View attachment 1463421 View attachment 1463422 View attachment 1463423 View attachment 1463424 View attachment 1463426

Hi friends. Thanks for all of yall's suggestions. I recently got my remake this is what it looks like after one wash. The color is also white instead of beige. I'd love to hear yall's thoughts on the more tailored fit. Thanks!

IMG_5666.jpeg IMG_5667.jpeg IMG_5668.jpeg IMG_5669.jpeg IMG_5671.jpeg

bantone

Reaction score
Just got this stretch denim shirt from Proper Cloth. Haven't used them in 5 years. I dialed down on the sizing to a tee and I'm more than satisfied with the result. I'm going to wash it now to let it shrink a bit.

2s8AAwU.png

bantone

Reaction score
Nice - I meant to order one of those.

I'm being nitpicky here but I'm surprised it had 5% elastene in it compared to the standard 2% of stretch.

Also there is a funny smell of the denim. I'm going to try and wash it out with vinegar or something.

EDIT: Washed it again and it smelled just fine!

Last edited:

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm being nitpicky here but I'm surprised it had 5% elastene in it compared to the standard 2% of stretch.

Also there is a funny smell of the denim. I'm going to try and wash it out with vinegar or something.

EDIT: Washed it again and it smelled just fine!

Yeah - that's from the indigo wash.

bantone

Reaction score
Yeah - that's from the indigo wash.

Ah gotcha! One more question.

I want to get a white shirt to replace one of of my ill fitting shirts. What fabric would you recommend as a smart casual white shirt fabric for that? I appreciate it.

feb112020

Reaction score

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to bump this up if folks have any thoughts. Thanks!
Does it look how you’d hoped? The joy of custom is it can be as skintight or as relaxed as you want it to be. That looks like a loose, comfy summer shirt. I bet it’ll feel great even in summer heat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads