• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RCD33

Reaction score
Further to the above, I would love to be able to custom order something like this from Proper Cloth

This type of chino is surprisingly hard to find at non nosebleed prices

Agreed, particularly on the lack of non-stretch options. It also seems like there’s been relatively little feedback on their tailoring. I’m planning on stopping in next weekend to get measured and check it out.
The prices really seem competitive, so I’m surprised there hasn’t been more posted here.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi PC!!!

HNY to u!..all the best..and thanks for your efforts.

any updates re shirt measurements going to 1/10 increments?

best

me

paulraphael

Reaction score
I'm really interested in some of the new fabrics, like the Reda wool flannels and the Viyella revival. Unfortunately I may be up to my quota for winter shirts (especially since climate change has January feeling like April). But I'd like to read people's reviews.

mux8

Reaction score
Went in for a fitting. The measured me and I compared the size of the shirt from the fitting from those generated using my measurements and I see the following differences:

The results from the fitting have
-0.25" chest width
-0.75" midsection width
-0.5" cuff
+0.25" length
sloped shoulders
compared to my measurements

Are these typical?

When you cross your arms and there is some tightness in the arms and back. What tweaks can you make the help this? Go 0.25 on the arms and/or chest?

Last edited:

mux8

Reaction score
Two more questions:

Is there a flat hem option (for polos)

And why can't I have popover with 3 not 4 front buttons? For my torso length this practically makes it look like a full button down shirt...

Last edited:

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have examples of the Soft President Spread collar vs the Soft English Spread? I want to order some casual flannel shirts and I don't like button downs much. I figured I would order 1 of the spreads and the soft point on another.

ErPupone4

Reaction score
Does anyone have examples of the Soft President Spread collar vs the Soft English Spread? I want to order some casual flannel shirts and I don't like button downs much. I figured I would order 1 of the spreads and the soft point on another.
I have both and prefer the soft English spread on flannel shirts. I can take pictures, but I don't think they will look as good as the comparison tool on their website. I don't think either will look bad though. I have the soft Franklin spread on two flannels and definitely prefer either the soft English or president spread.

Sfroide3

Reaction score

The two collars are very very very similar. Especially the soft ones. I have two flannel shirts one with each collar waiting to be ironed behind me. I couldn't tell the difference until I double checked what I ordered. If you need some pictures I will do some when I find motivation to iron ... Just let me know.

By the way. I am 100% for flannel shirts without BD. It's so much more elegant !

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First time order here with a newb question. I see in the FAQ that it is an option to add darts, but I didn’t see it as I was customizing a shirt. How to I select rear darts? Thanks!

Reactions: EZB

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was always available in the sizing section—along with cuff size and button placement.

Thanks. I found it - I was making the mistake of selecting ‘copy an existing shirt’ To enter values rather than dialing-in the default sizing.

Don’t suppose there is a first-time buyer or forum code I’m missing, is there?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads