1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Seph, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

^true to his name. I can respect it.

Ok, assume reinforcing the collar with a white accent fabric then.

2. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior member

I was half serious.....

hey, its your shirt.....

but Im jus sayin.......lol

3. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

1. Don't do it. Please, just don't. Nobody except this guy should do it...and he gets paid to look stupid.[​IMG]

2. Interesting thought regarding the ability to hold up a collar better. If so, I think that's a very worthwhile idea...just keep it simple (read: plain)

4. ericgereghty

What does this mean? I'm trying to visualize how this would occur, and I"m having a hard time envisioning it. Did you reach out to their customer service?

I totally agree with the following suggestions, though.

5. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

It wasn't a PC shirt, but I've had the pointed end of a collar stay work through the collar point of a shirt before. It's why I only use plastic stays (when I use any at all).

6. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior member

Eric.

PC has been good about it as usual....they always try to make a customer happy..

To elaborate, visualize the pointy end of the stay breaking thru the cloth., breaking thru the channel it sits in...whereby the point of the stay tears the fabric

The metal stays that they supply are very unforgiving., and add to that an open weave shirt...its a bad combo.

It would be so inexpensive for them to supply a set of nice flexible plastic stays....and maybe even less pointy ends..

I suggested the same..........lets see!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  7. kwv07

kwv07 Senior member

@ccallis would you recommend the twill even if I am doing the pleated front?

8. ny3pcg

ny3pcg Well-Known Member

Hi all, I'm looking to pickup a few more shirts primarily to be worn with a suit and tie at work, and sometimes to be worn without a tie and just a sportcoat. I'm a bigger guy so I tend to wear larger collars and already have one Roma spread and a few Roma cutaways. Looking at the pics below, do you think the Roma cutaway is work appropriate? I work in law enforcement so my line of work is kind of on the conservative side, but not a strict dress code. The first two pics are the Roma cutaway And the last pic is the Roma spread. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

9. ny3pcg

ny3pcg Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Bonzai

Bonzai Member

Which collar is the one with the yellow tie?

11. ny3pcg

ny3pcg Well-Known Member

My mistake. I mixed up the order. The shirt with the yellow tie is the Roma cutaway. The first pic is the Roma spread.

12. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

Just received a Roma cutaway purchased on the black friday, free shipping for one shirt deal. Nice marketing, i wouldn't have bothered to get a shirt without the free shipping. While i wouldn't bet my life on it, it feels like (pre-wash, so that is why I am hedging), they have stiffened the collar band as I and others have been requesting. Now all there is to do is stiffen the cuff just a touch.

And add more mid-level fabrics. Lots of nice choices at the ~$100 level, but then it gets a little thin from known mills in the $140-175 range, then a big jump up to the top of the line stuff at ~$250.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  13. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior member

both collars are quiet..and will work at work....lol......nothing to peacocky there at all

14. ny3pcg

ny3pcg Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. Guess I'll go ahead and buy a few more of each lol looking forward to seeing the updated stiff collar

15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Yeah - I took advantage of this- $20 for shipping 1-2 shirts (if under $200) just isnt worth it.

16. ericgereghty

Is it now $20? Was $15 (I believe) when I placed my last order.

As a side, I'm close to having to bail on PC. Is the difference between a 2 pleat and 3 pleat forearm THAT drastic, to the point that forearm tightness is rendered relatively moot?

I've increased the upper arm, but, as some may note, that only marginally adjusts the forearm area. I can't really justify increasing the upper arm more (I don't intend to feature in any upcoming Mr. Olympias lol), and the forearm issue is maddening.

17. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Are you using the tailored or full shoulder?

18. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  19. ericgereghty

Both. Neither with optimal results [​IMG]

20. ericgereghty

I am most certainly NOT long and narrow haha, but that's an interesting thought. I don't imagine this would be terribly problematic.

Though, what I really ought to do is schedule a time to swing by PC next time I'm in NYC...instead of trying to make piecemeal adjustments, given my altogether lacking knowledge of what goes into the fit in its entirety.