• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your unique physique may require the help of an experience custom shirtmaker to produce a shirt that address some of these issues. This is not to take anything away from Proper Cloth, as I have several shirts from them and have been quite happy with the results. However, an experienced custom shirtmaker may be able do things that a shirt production line - even one that takes custom measurements like Proper Cloth - cannot do, to deal with some of the fit idiosyncrasies that some customers have. Instead of spending a large chuck of change figuring out you might not be able to get the fit you want, it may be better to bite the bullet and go to someone who can deliver the perfect fit right off the bat.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your unique physique may require the help of an experience custom shirtmaker to produce a shirt that address some of these issues. This is not to take anything away from Proper Cloth, as I have several shirts from them and have been quite happy with the results. However, an experienced custom shirtmaker may be able do things that a shirt production line - even one that takes custom measurements like Proper Cloth - cannot do, to deal with some of the fit idiosyncrasies that some customers have. Instead of spending a large chuck of change figuring out you might not be able to get the fit you want, it may be better to bite the bullet and go to someone who can deliver the perfect fit right off the bat.

very well said. PC is wonderful, but there will be times you may need a true old school shirtmaker.

You may have a unique build..it seems the shirt is big overall( to me)..yet it seems tight by your "love handles"....

take your time to tweak it......itll get better........

whether you are happy w/ it is another story.

Last edited:

Zeppelin

Reaction score

Posted this in NGNA to no immediate avail. Anyone here have any opinions?

I got my newest fit and and have washed it twice. It fits perfect in the midsection when I'm standing, but I'm not sold when I sit down. What do you think, half an inch too tight, or just right for a very slim fit?

That's me sitting up straight and sticking out my gut.

That bulge at the bottom is what concerns me.

And that's me slouching down while sticking my gut out.

Am I being paranoid? Or do I need to let it out a tad?

Here's a full standing fit pic.

Sorry for all the pictures of me sticking my gut out as far as possible!

What shirt fabric is this if I may ask?

kwv07

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Proper Cloth polo shirts? I am interested in snagging one, and I want to know if sizing up is the correct way to go. How's the quality of the fabric?

Maybe @ccallis can weigh in on this?

Thanks, guys.

bigskydream

Reaction score
Proper Cloth: any plans to offer different sleeve lengths? One of my arms is .75" longer than the other, and the only thing keeping me from replacing my entire shirt inventory with Proper Cloth shirts is this. The other shirt makers I've been using all offer this. Please!!!

cnew

Reaction score
Proper Cloth: any plans to offer different sleeve lengths? One of my arms is .75" longer than the other, and the only thing keeping me from replacing my entire shirt inventory with Proper Cloth shirts is this. The other shirt makers I've been using all offer this. Please!!!
I'm sure you could set this up over email.

kwv07

Reaction score
I would say the one thing keeping me form replacing a majority of my shirts is the inability to do a stiff, unfused cuff to go with the stuff unfused collars.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At 5'7" will the Roma spread look silly on me? Thinking of the stiff Roma. Would prefer the collar points tuck under jacket lapels.

cc @Murlsquirl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads