• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AriG

Reaction score
The light blue looks excellent too, finally not as weird ass icy pale aso those greenwhich/mercers if the color is accurate.

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmine Light Blue Stripe in Stiff Roma Cutaway came in. I think I like this more than the Soft Roma Cutaway.

AriG

Reaction score
looks fine, what are cuffs and placket there? fused or no?

AriG

Reaction score
Looked like it, thanks for the confirmation!

ccallis

Reaction score
Hey Guys--
Just wanted to update everyone about the new Sea Island Cotton fabrics we released today. While a small collection of 4 styles, these fabrics are truly amazing. All the cotton is grown and picked by hand in Barbados, fully certified and approved by WISICA, and then woven by David & John Anderson (Albini Group's highest end line) in Bergamo, Italy. This is the stuff the whole Albini team has been incredibly excited about all summer and tout as the absolute best of the best.

Sea Island cotton is the rarest cotton in the world and is well known for producing incredibly smooth, long lasting fabrics. It's a less "hairy" cotton fiber, so it has this softness that is uniquely its own (you notice it with the broadcloths especially). I could go on and on about the fabrics, but much better to just let you read the page we built!

Check out more here! http://propercloth.com/sea-island-cotton/

trilly

Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I'm new to the forum and would love to get opinions on my test shirt before I place an order for a bunch more. Customer service has been great so far from PC!

The only real change I have is that I want the arms to be slightly tighter. Overall, I'm going for a very fitted look. I have a 42'' chest and 31'' waist, for frame of reference. Part of me thinks the waist could be smaller, but I'm also afraid if that's the case, it'll be too tight. I'm a novice at this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

CaptainTohm

Reaction score

Carmine Light Blue Stripe in Stiff Roma Cutaway came in. I think I like this more than the Soft Roma Cutaway.
I've been debating ordering a Roma Cuttaway recently, but I often go tie-less at the office, and I'm concerned the spread is too extreme to wear with a jacket and no tie. Would you mind posting a picture of this shirt with a jacket, sans tie? I've seen plenty of soft collar pictures with a jacket and no tie, but no structure RC pics. It might push me over the edge into a bulk order.

MDisciple87

Reaction score
Posted this in the Kent Wang thread as well, but any idea whether these Kent Wang reversible studs would work with the Proper Cloth tuxedo shirts?

The studs are 12mm and the Proper Cloth holes are smaller at 9mm. I just don't understand if this is designed to keep the studs from falling out of the holes and thus keeping the shirt fastened or if they truly wouldn't actually fit through the holes in the first place.

http://www.kentwang.com/cuff-links/black-onyx-and-mother-of-pearl-studs.html

bluesteel03

Reaction score
looks like the athletic type...

For the sleeve width part, you can decrease a little, but you have to watch out for the elbow restriction. http://propercloth.com/reference/lines-around-the-front-of-the-shoulder-bicep/ You should also double check on the sleeve length as well... could be a tad shorter... just my opinion though. It is probably better to wash it a couple of times to see how much the shirt shrinks.

You can do better on your midsection width. For your reference, I have roughly 32" waist with undershirt, and I wear a 18.50"... no excess fabric in the lower back.

Additional help: [email protected] or @ccallis

Hi everyone -

I'm new to the forum and would love to get opinions on my test shirt before I place an order for a bunch more. Customer service has been great so far from PC!

The only real change I have is that I want the arms to be slightly tighter. Overall, I'm going for a very fitted look. I have a 42'' chest and 31'' waist, for frame of reference. Part of me thinks the waist could be smaller, but I'm also afraid if that's the case, it'll be too tight. I'm a novice at this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been debating ordering a Roma Cuttaway recently, but I often go tie-less at the office, and I'm concerned the spread is too extreme to wear with a jacket and no tie.

Would you mind posting a picture of this shirt with a jacket, sans tie? I've seen plenty of soft collar pictures with a jacket and no tie, but no structure RC pics. It might push me over the edge into a bulk order.

A little wrinkly after a day's work, but here you go:

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Were you wearing a tie at work? JW (I'd expect the collar to be more straight/open if you weren't)

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were you wearing a tie at work? JW (I'd expect the collar to be more straight/open if you weren't)

Yeah I was. Good call. I will probably wear it out without a tie soon and see how it holds up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads