Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Seph, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

I prefer either Soft Roma or Soft Ivy BD on mine. Can't go wrong, though--these are really really great.

Just an FYI to all. The shirts are now 100% live and moving quickly. Two different washes, both using luxurious Italian denim from Albiate (Albini Group) and garment washed for a great fade.

You can learn more about them and shop the collection/design your own at the link below:

http://propercloth.com/the-washed-denim-shirt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. blocky

blocky Member

Just received my first shirt, which is also my first real foray into online MTM. Fit is pretty good pre-wash. May look into a few small alterations just to dial it in as much as possible while it's free.

Is there any way to filter for shirts that are not 'wrinkle resistant?'

3. bigsink

bigsink Senior member

Wash and hang 3 times before altering. I learned the hard way.

4. razl

razl Senior member

+1, and I'll add that you should wear in-between as well which will stretch the stress points a bit and help you inform your tweaks.

5. dRm0j0

dRm0j0 Well-Known Member

Sigh... Did you guys sell out of the new denim shirts already? :( :( :(

Any chance of a restock coming? Specifically, for the dark wash?

6. CaptainApathy

CaptainApathy Active Member

I'm considering having a few shirts made up that I'd wear on a more casual basis. I'd like to wear them without having to tuck them in, whereas the existing "dress" shirts I wear are always tucked in.

Can I take my normal measurements but (1) increase the midsection from 18.75 to 20 inches and (2) decrease the length from 31.5 to 27? For the midsection, is 20 inches enough? My waist is typically a 31. I'm more concerned about the waist fitting than the length.

7. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

+1

I'm usually a Luxire customer, but this is exactly the fabric I've been looking for. Really hoping there will be another run at some point.

8. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior member

31.5 to 27 seems a MASSIVE drop in length. Are you sure about that?

For waist, I keep my waist measurement exactly the same. I see no reason to change it purely because a shirt is untucked. The only thing I change from casual to dress shirts are the length and sleeve (make it wider), unless it's a popover (requires a bigger body).

9. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

I think these updates might be a little much. Typically, I find .75" in the midsection width does it if your shirts pull around your hips. For length, I wear a 31.5" in my tucked in shirts and a 29" length in my untucked shirts. How tall are you?

Sorry you missed this round. We're super excited about the response to the garment washed denim shirts, but probably won't be doing this exact style for a while. I'd look out for a lighter weight denim at some point in late summer early fall, maybe with more or different wash colors...

10. razl

razl Senior member

As someone in FL who was super excited about the restock but didn't realize the weight of the fabric until it dropped, I'm re-excited at the idea of a lighter weight option when it returns.

11. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Has anyone purchased a PC tie? If so, any insight on them?

12. CaptainApathy

CaptainApathy Active Member

Thanks for the insight. I came up with a midsection of 20 by measuring another shirt that I like, but going back I can see that 1.25 inches may be too much. I may try an increase of an inch even since my current shirts are on the slimmer side and I'm looking for a slightly more relaxed (but still slim) fit.

Regarding my height, I'm 5'8 with a short torso, so a 31.5 is completely unwearable when it's not tucked in. I try to buy t-shirts that are 26 inches long -- the standard 28 inches is just a little too long on me.

Thanks again for your help.

13. AriG

AriG Senior member

27-27.5" should certainly be fine for you, you can always add that half inch on a future shirt (of course also pay some attention to the number and placement of buttons). I wear my untucked shirts at 28.5" (tucked at 30, but might go to 30.5), am 5'10" and everybody on this board would call those shirts too short, trust me (lbut they're just right). Also, I noticed that my shirts have routinely come ~0.25" short in length (which doesn't matter with tucked dress shirts), never too long (that's out of the box).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015

14. blocky

blocky Member

15. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member