Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Seph, Feb 14, 2014.

1. AriG

AriG Senior member

If to be used as dress shirts, sleeves are too short.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I got my altered shirt back earlier this week and couldn't be happier. The whole process was super easy and the Chris was awesome to work with. I'll try to post some pics when I get home from vacation

3. hrefab

hrefab Well-Known Member

Posted a new thread by accident, meant to post here. Just got my shirt in today. I am very happy with the quality of workmanship on the shirt. It is extremely comfortable and feels like an extension of my skin. @ccallis Martel was extremely helpful during my fitting. Here are some pictures, this is straight out of the box no ironing or washing. I noticed the fabric between the collar button and the first button on the shirt seems to be bowing outwards, I remember reading something about this earlier in this thread; was it fixed with an adjustment or after washing? Collar should shrink up nicely after washing. Any other adjustments feel free to chime in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. bigsink

bigsink Senior member

Looks good man. I would wash it because they shrink a bit. As far as I know there isnt a fix for the placket problem (its under development apparently). I'd second the note on Martel he's been fantastic to deal with

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015

5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I deleted the other thread for you. The shirt looks very good. Like bigsink said, definitely wash and wear a few times before making any adjustments.

6. Pb924

Pb924 Senior member

@hrefab nice shirt. looks like it fits great. What collar style is that?

7. hrefab

hrefab Well-Known Member

@bigsink @Murlsquirl Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

Collar is the President Cutaway.

8. Andrew Ryan

Andrew Ryan Senior member

Anyone here wear the Milano II open-collar? I don't have a particularly long neck, but the collar points stay straight up between lapels like no other when open (better than every other collar style I've tried from PC, with the Roma Spread coming in at a semi-close second). I've been experimenting with it and really like the clean lines and how well it frames the face worn open, but it does sit awfully high on those of us with average size necks... but damn if I don't love it anyway.

Just curious.

EDIT: I'm talking strictly underneath a jacket; it bows out way too much and looks bad (IMO) without one, in which case I go with a BD collar. Then again I'm in a jacket 99% of the time.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

9. Andrew Ryan

Andrew Ryan Senior member

Also, @ccallis - launch the damned button placement option already, I'm fiending and need my fix! :)

10. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

I have this exact same problem with my PC shirt. My shirt has been washed and worn numerous
    times, but problem still exists.

@ccallis : Any chance higher button placement will fix this problem??

11. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

@Andrew Ryan Exactly what I told our factory earlier this week! Hopefully we can get this going sooner rather than later.

@jaidog Yes, I think there is a good chance this problem can be fixed with raised button placement. Will definitely update the forum when we have more news on the launch. As for the fit of the shirt, looks pretty close. Cuffs feel big at all?

12. hrefab

hrefab Well-Known Member

@ccallis The picture @jaidog quoted was my shirt. Looking forward to the button placement feature being added. The cuffs feel good to me, the left one is larger in the photo due to the watch allowance. Quick question regarding collar size. I measure my neck at 15.5" and in my saved profile it is at 16", is that to account for shrinkage? I ask because when I first tried the shirt on out of the box with a necktie the collar seemed to buckle/bow when the tie was cinched tight. Now after washing it once it seems to be fine.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

13. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

The measurement that is in you saved profile is what we're cutting the shirt to be. If it is 16", it will come in closer to 16.5" and should shrink down to 16" over time.

14. hrefab

hrefab Well-Known Member

Ok in that case I think I will drop the measurement down to 15.5".

15. ccallis

ccallis Senior member

Makes sense...though, if the 16" fits you well right now after laundering I would not change it. Will only make the collar tighter...