1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Seph, Feb 14, 2014.

1. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Distinguished Member

Thanks for the feedback [​IMG]

2. bigsink

bigsink Senior Member

Hey guys do you have any filter advice in choosing casual shirts on Propercloth's website?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015

3. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior Member

Not to be a [email protected] but how about "casual" under the Style filter?

Alternately you can pick different weaves or colors or patterns. PC filtering is very good so just play around with it based on what you're looking for.

4. Andy57

Andy57 Distinguished Member

The Apple watch is not particularly tall, so the decision of whether or not to add a full 1" to the watch allowance should be quite independent of the success of that particular product. I have several watches that are much bulkier than an Apple watch and for which an option to add a bit more allowance would be useful.

I have a couple of other points of feedback, while I'm at it, though:

1. It may be somewhere on the site, but advice on french cuff sizing would be helpful. I've found through a process of trial and error that french cuffs ought to be about 1" larger around than barrel cuffs. That would have been nice to know upfront.

2. I would like an option to decline all of the cardboard and plastic packaging that comes in the shirts when they are delivered. I understand that PC wants the box presentation to look good, but I know it's a quality product and I'm a bit dismayed at all of the cardboard and plastic I've recycled. An option to forgo that packaging would be a nice touch and would not spoil my enjoyment of receiving a brand new shirt one iota.

Just got two new cotton/linen shirts delivered yesterday. They look awesome, as always! [​IMG]

5. bigsink

bigsink Senior Member

Haha.. I dont see a casual option in the filter. I was wondering if there is a thickness/yarn size I should aim for

6. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior Member

The very first filter I see is "Style" and the options are:
    All
    Casual
    Business
    Formal

7. bigsink

bigsink Senior Member

I started a new shirt and found it! Thanks. The options were not present once I had already started making a shirt I guess.

8. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior Member

Ah gotcha. I usually start by going to the fabrics section rather than starting with building a shirt without the fabric already out picked out, so that's where the disconnect was. Glad it worked out.

9. JTK

JTK Senior Member

Just received my first PC shirt (howard street light wt denim), and it turned out perfect! I'm ready to order more and I'm looking for recommendations for a semi-casual white and light (sky) blue fabric? There are so many options! Looking for something other than oxford fabric. Thanks!

10. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior Member

Define "semi-casual?"

11. JTK

JTK Senior Member

These will be evening/going out shirts, and will be worn untucked. Something slightly less formal than an office dress shirt, ideally.

12. bigsink

bigsink Senior Member

I've been going back and forth with the wonderful folks at Propercloth trying to get my strange body in a MTM shirt. The biggest problem we've had is the armpit hole. I have a fairly big chest for my frame (42") @ 170lbs. In the end we kept letting out the chest/arms until we got a good enough fit in the armpit. Heres a pic. Does the armpit still look too small? I know its roomier overall right now but I wasnt going for a very slim cut. Also note on length we planned on going .5"+ for business, and -5" for casual.Pics

http://imgur.com/a/hxfHc

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

13. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior Member

They just released a bunch of linen-cotton blends that might suit your needs. Also don't rule out bold ginghams - I love large gingham prints worn with shorts / chinos on the weekends, personally. $85 for a perfectly-fitting one is pretty solid, in my opinion.

14. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior Member

I have the same problem. I think they should add another measurement for armhole and sleeve width.

15. hls09

hls09 Active Member

Would love your input on fit. I am 6'3 and 175 with square wide shoulders skinny chest and long arms, so MTM is a huge benefit for me.

I see pulling around the neck when I button the collar, but that's the only glaring thing I see. What else?

First shirt, after 1 wash + hang-dry.

Want to make necessary adjustments and order 8 more (various collars etc).

Appreciate your feedback and expertise!

Best
    HLS09

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]