• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

4frnt

Reaction score

I have five PC shirts and wanted to mention that Brittany was awesome at helping me dial-in my fit for the first shirt.  Now they just need to expand to MTM trousers. :satisfied:  

I agree with the trousers. Have you guys thought of doing MTM trousers or even done a "beta test" of this?

JKKJ

Reaction score
Hi Carrig,
We cover the duty fees and ship directly to our Canadian costumers, so rest assured there are no additional mark ups.
Absolutely correct. I've received 3 orders with no problems or extra charges.

ccallis

Reaction score

I agree with the trousers. Have you guys thought of doing MTM trousers or even done a "beta test" of this?

We haven't tested trousers yet. Right now our focus is on being the best custom shirtmaker out there, but we're always interested in new product categories. We'll keep you guys posted if we ever start testing the custom trouser market...

We'll also be launching a new $15 shipping service to the EU in about a month's time so that everyone there can get the same 2 week delivery--free of customs charges--that our US/Canada customers enjoy! Hoping to add Australia this Spring/Summer, as well.

katabatic

Reaction score
JackFlash, Vorhees, and louloufafa--thanks for the feedback. Looks like some affordable cotton/linen options passed our testing so we should be rolling those out in a month or two. We'll be testing some great cotton/linen and pure linen options from Canclini very soon.

I would be very, VERY happy to see some pure linen options! I've got 4 Proper Cloth shirts that I'm very happy with, but I don't as yet have any properly fitting linen shirts. And linen is pretty much all I want to wear in hot weather.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We haven't tested trousers yet. Right now our focus is on being the best custom shirtmaker out there, but we're always interested in new product categories. We'll keep you guys posted if we ever start testing the custom trouser market...
We'll also be launching a new $15 shipping service to the EU in about a month's time so that everyone there can get the same 2 week delivery--free of customs charges--that our US/Canada customers enjoy! Hoping to add Australia this Spring/Summer, as well.

You now have my full attention! :D

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just mailed in a shirt today to get sizes made for me. i am very excited to try a few shirts!

zinc2162

Reaction score
How often do fabrics get restocked?

Last edited:

ccallis

Reaction score

How often do fabrics get restocked?

We try to add new fabrics every 2-3 weeks. Typically, we try to restock existing fabrics so that they don't ever go out of stock. In the case that a fabric is out of stock, we're usually pretty good about getting it back online in less than a month's time.

Last edited:

carrig

Reaction score
Hi Carrig,
We cover the duty fees and ship directly to our Canadian costumers, so rest assured there are no additional mark ups.

I appreciate the responses. I ordered a shirt on Sunday; looking forward to trying it on in a few weeks. The site is very easy to use. I appreciated the option to increase the dimension of the left cuff as my watch is very thick.

Is "wrinkle resistant" the rough equivalent of the "no iron" Brooks Brothers shirts I have?

Last edited:

Aieyric

Reaction score

Great! I'll be sure to update Styleforum when the shipping is ready to go!

Awesome, let us know how it turns out!

I'll put in my order as soon as the shipping goes live.

ccallis

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Every 6 weeks or so, we shoot an editorial featuring some of our new fabrics and favorite styles. Last week we launched our Chambers & Worth collection, which was inspired by the architecture of the New York Municipal Building and surrounding courthouses.

We dressed up some of our plaid broadcloths from Portugal with our new Spring '14 neckwear collection along with some luxurious 140s 2-ply business stripes. Soft Ivy Button-Downs, Soft Milano Collars, and President Spread Collars continued to be our go-to collars.

You can check out the full collection at http://propercloth.com/collections/chambers-worth

zinc2162

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Every 6 weeks or so, we shoot an editorial featuring some of our new fabrics and favorite styles. Last week we launched our Chambers & Worth collection, which was inspired by the architecture of the New York Municipal Building and surrounding courthouses.

We dressed up some of our plaid broadcloths from Portugal with our new Spring '14 neckwear collection along with some luxurious 140s 2-ply business stripes. Soft Ivy Button-Downs, Soft Milano Collars, and President Spread Collars continued to be our go-to collars.

You can check out the full collection at http://propercloth.com/collections/chambers-worth
I have been eyeing the Wythe Steel Blue Oxford from this collection and seems like it has restocked. Looks like a great fabric for a casual shirt.

Sundance

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience (or pics!) with the Soft Ivy collar? Hard to really judge it without seeing it in the wild.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that is going to be one of my first three shirts ordered... I am really excited about that collar

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads