• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Salad

Reaction score
I'm designing a custom shirt and have chosen a standard size. There is a dialog box that pops up that says you can fine tune your size in the size detail panel. For the life of me, I can't seem to find that panel. I swear I remember seeing it a long time ago. It listed the various measurements of whatever size and cut you chose.
Where can i find this panel now?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm designing a custom shirt and have chosen a standard size. There is a dialog box that pops up that says you can fine tune your size in the size detail panel. For the life of me, I can't seem to find that panel. I swear I remember seeing it a long time ago. It listed the various measurements of whatever size and cut you chose.
Where can i find this panel now?
On the mobile site when you’re designing a shirt there are Previous and Next buttons at the bottom. I think they’re the same on the desktop site. They’ll take you past Style to Size. You should see all the measurements there, and be able to change any of the numbers.

Last edited:

Sockett&Bones

Reaction score
Hi all,

My shirt plackets tend to puff out at my waist, above my belt. I once read somewhere else that the potential fix for this is to decrease the midsection width; however, I am finding that the midsection is already as tight as I want it to be. Am I stuck having this section of my shirt puffed up?

Thanks for your input.

papado

Reaction score
Hi all,

My shirt plackets tend to puff out at my waist, above my belt. I once read somewhere else that the potential fix for this is to decrease the midsection width; however, I am finding that the midsection is already as tight as I want it to be. Am I stuck having this section of my shirt puffed up?

Thanks for your input.
Is it possible your hip/seat measurement is too tight causing the shirt to ride up? I think that's the only adjustment you can possibly make (increase hip/seat width) which should be able to fix your problem. Even if you think it's OK it probably can't hurt to add another .25 or so

Sockett&Bones

Reaction score
Is it possible your hip/seat measurement is too tight causing the shirt to ride up? I think that's the only adjustment you can possibly make (increase hip/seat width) which should be able to fix your problem. Even if you think it's OK it probably can't hurt to add another .25 or so
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure if that is it though I am willing to give it a try. I have a fair amount of fabric that drapes nicely around the waist (and perhaps even a slight excess in the back). I am particularly talking about the placket itself that creates a bump, similar to having a bump near the neck/collar (which I fixed by moving the button up 1/2" I think). The problem is particularly more noticeable with fused plackets, as they are more stiff and thus definitely pokes out. It is slightly mitigated with a soft placket. I bring up the issue because it then makes my necktie sit a little bit forward as it lays across this placket bump. Again though, I am up for trying to increase the hip/seat measurement to see if this helps with my next build.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an example, here is a shirt that is one of my least offensive for this problem.
Some shirts with a stiff placket can sometimes produce an "accordion effect" all along the placket.
I see that issue to some extent on some of the models in lookbooks and the style guide.
1604630011926.png

1604630084025.png

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As an example, here is a shirt that is one of my least offensive for this problem.
Some shirts with a stiff placket can sometimes produce an "accordion effect" all along the placket.
My thought is that something is making you want to push the shirt backwards with how you tuck it which creates some twisting - vs allowing it to drape down straight at the front.

I asked the team and they seemed to think back darts could help - move more of the fabric to the front of the shirt than the back of the shirt.

One thing worth trying - we've been doing a lot of them lately - is a virtual consultation. Basically it will be a meeting with one of our fit consultants over zoom. It's totally free and often times very productive. You can schedule here https://propercloth.com/appointment - then they can look at it and discuss ideas with you.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.