• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here are some real-world after-shrinkage examples for you. No posture changes, no raising or lowering of the top button on either of these. 28" length and all other specs the same on each shirt:

(AC55752) Light Blue Heavy Oxford, ordered January 2015:
View attachment 1355773

(AC557867) Grey Melange and Houndstooth Double Cloth, ordered February 2019:
View attachment 1355774

The difference is greater than I thought; about an inch and a half different.

Ok - sure - all about right. Thanks for the photos. Seems like this change will move things in the right direction for you when we complete it.

enginerd917

Reaction score
Got measured at the NYC location, after a few wears with a tie my neck is getting really irritated from the collar. I read somewhere online that it may be caused by a collar that is too loose? If I'm not pulling on it there are no noticeable gaps, per se.

What do you guys think about the fit here? IMG_0715-edit.jpg

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much room for sure. Some "experts" say no more than two fingers should be able to fit between your collar and your neck, but I prefer no more than one finger.

That's what she...nvm.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About to order my first one, if my benchmark is Kamakura Tokyo Slim 15-33 1/2 but can go slimmer than that, should I go with slim or super slim

no one has sizing relative to Kamakura?

papado

Reaction score
no one has sizing relative to Kamakura?

I believe most people use custom measurements as opposed to going off of the 'slim/superslim' defaults from PC. Below is the kamakura sizing table measurements for your size [in inches]:

SizeCollarSleeveChestWaistYokeLength
15 - 33½1533.541.736.217.730.7

If you're saying you can do a little slimmer, you'll probably want a shirt chest (width x 2) which is closer to 40-41 inches as opposed to the nearly 42 you have now (though I've noticed a lot of my kamakuras shrank). For the waist you may want to move closer to 35.5 or 35 depending on how much room you have currently but be careful if they've put darts in your pattern because then you'll actually need a smaller waist width than you think.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
strange how an e mail from CT offers

5 PROPER shirts at 150.00

was that a sly move??????

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much room for sure. Some "experts" say no more than two fingers should be able to fit between your collar and your neck, but I prefer no more than one finger.

That's what she...nvm.

yesss!..that 2 finger rules never! made sense to me.... Id even go half a finger. Waaay to many men wear collars that are tooo loose

jbspicy

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'd greatly appreciate your feedback on this fit. I'd like to wear this OCBD untucked. Im feeling like it is still a little loose around the bottom, and I feel like the side pose gives good perspective on this section. There also seems to be a lot of extra fabric in the back due to the inward curve of my lower back, but i'd like to avoid darting for an untucked shirt. Im not sure if there is anything I can do about this? I'm going for a slim but comfortable fit. Thank you for the feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_5788.JPG
    IMG_5788.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_5790.JPG
    IMG_5790.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_5793.JPG
    IMG_5793.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_5795.JPG
    IMG_5795.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 200

paulraphael

Reaction score
I like my untucked shirts just a little shorter than that, but this is really personal preference. I like the front hem to land 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down the zipper. In the back I like them to cover around 1/2 of the back jeans pocket.

Yours is more like my dress shirts.

Tightness of the hem looks pretty good to me, but this is also preference. Try judging it when you sit down. Things can be really sleek looking at the hem and midsection when you're standing, and then pull miserably when you sit. If you still have some extra room when sitting, you can consider tightening it up a bit.

The shoulders might be just a bit wide. And you've got some pulling from the top button to the shoulder. Possibly you need less shoulder slope.

Overall it's pretty good though.

jbspicy

Reaction score
I like my untucked shirts just a little shorter than that, but this is really personal preference. I like the front hem to land 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down the zipper. In the back I like them to cover around 1/2 of the back jeans pocket.

Yours is more like my dress shirts.

Tightness of the hem looks pretty good to me, but this is also preference. Try judging it when you sit down. Things can be really sleek looking at the hem and midsection when you're standing, and then pull miserably when you sit. If you still have some extra room when sitting, you can consider tightening it up a bit.

The shoulders might be just a bit wide. And you've got some pulling from the top button to the shoulder. Possibly you need less shoulder slope.

Overall it's pretty good though.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

papado

Reaction score
strange how an e mail from CT offers

5 PROPER shirts at 150.00

was that a sly move??????

I've seen that in advertisements on the subway for a couple years and I believe it's a commonly used part of speech (a proper xxxx) so I don't think it's a direct shot but you never know

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads