• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
@Seph can you speak to the function of the "stand up" placket option?
I am not Seph but I have found this earlier this month.
Stand Up Front Placket

We created this updated version of our standard Front placket specifically to provide the collar with extra support and help it stand up extremely well. The Stand Up Front placket looks just like our standard Front placket, but it’s constructed with a special stiff, fused interlining in the back side of the placket.

theedoor

Reaction score
Correct - currently there are three things that can be adjusted that impact forearm: sleeve width, cuff around, and pleat number.

We'll look into trying a more convex shape between bicep and cuff... I have concerns about it draping right - but maybe a small change here can get a tiny bit more room at the elbow/forearm without any downside.

Follow-up question, I have my test shirt and the fit is close to perfect. The only thing bothering me is forearms. The cuff around is good. So I'm stuck between sleeve width and forearm pleat.

If I add 1/4" to sleeve width, how much extra room should I expect in the forearm? And adding an 1/4" to sleeve width translates into a 1/2" for the circumference right?

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
vlcsnap-2020-01-02-20h20m58s902.png

Just watching again Billions and must confess some interest for Chuck Rhoades' (Paul Giamatti) collar.
Anything close @Seph ?

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on my first order, and I have a quick question as I try to figure out all the options. What difference would changing the yoke make if the chest (as well as everything else) is left the same? I feel as though I'd like it if the sleeve started a little higher, but I'm trying to wrap my head around what the repercussions would be. Thanks!

AriG

Reaction score
Just placed my first order for mtm tailored clothing - grey lightly canvassed 3roll2 fresco jacket and navy shaved cotton pants to get it going

Incredibly curious to see how well they translate the input measurements, spent quite some time dialing these in to the quarter" after measuring all of my best-fitting jackets and pants/chinos

Price is super and the fact one can actually just return unworn garments should they not fit seems like an insane deal ...

Wonder if this is another rabbit hole after I just purchased shirts #42 and 43

Anyone experience with their MTM jackets/pants and how well they cut it to the measurements? Was trying to guess some tolerances where I had somewhat odd numbers, but just for now left is as it would be perfect ... so let's see

papado

Reaction score
Working on my first order, and I have a quick question as I try to figure out all the options. What difference would changing the yoke make if the chest (as well as everything else) is left the same? I feel as though I'd like it if the sleeve started a little higher, but I'm trying to wrap my head around what the repercussions would be. Thanks!

If your other measurements are spot-on it shouldn't really impact the fit greatly; perhaps a little tightness in the shoulders if you make it too narrow for your build.

AX2007

Reaction score
I go with +.75" for oxfords, but +.5" might be enough as well to compensate for the accordeon elbow effect.

A quick follow up: same deal for chambray and linen? Any other material that might suffer from the accordion effect?

Sammm

Reaction score
A quick follow up: same deal for chambray and linen? Any other material that might suffer from the accordion effect?
I haven’t ordered chambray or pure linen, so I can’t really say. (I have a linen/rayon shirt that crinkles quite a bit in the elbow, but the shrinkage was so off for that fabric that the sleeves are far too long anyway, so I can’t judge properly.) My guess would be to not add anything for chambray and to add a bit for linen, but maybe someone else can chime in.

I do know that the pinpoint oxfords I’ve ordered definitely didn’t need any extra length, they’re very flowy.

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever try out the soft french cuff option?

I've also been curious on it. I can see it being a fun shirt for business casual, which I don't have anymore really though. Otherwise, I am not sure. @Seph, is there any plan for an Italian cuff (single cuff with a cufflink)? I know the convertible does this, but it is a compromise.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the PC chinos?

have been out for a while now but not seeing any reviews

if anyone has any feedback that would be great

in case the PC team is reading, it would be great if you added additional colors (like a darker olive and a darker British khaki) and also in a non stretch fabric

I feel like good old school construction khakis are in a more modern fit are pretty hard to find

every place adds stretch to them now which shouldn’t be necessary if you are getting custom sized

non stretch fades better

most non stretch khakis available now are cut grotesquely full unless you go up to very expensive brands ($200+) and then you still need to get alterations

anyway, I think there is an opening in the PC business model for this in the $100-150 range

thanks for listening!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads