1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Seph, Feb 14, 2014.

1. sjmin209

sjmin209 Distinguished Member

2. brillopad

brillopad Senior Member

Really? They seem pretty standard to me. There are also three fits (extra slim, slim, classic) so it seems like there's a good amount of variety. But I haven't handled in person yet so I'm just going off measurements.

FWIW 33 jacket sizes x 3 lengths x 3 "fits" = 297 permutations for jacket sizes

3. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Question for y'all: are soft collars on a linen/linen blend noticeably different in terms of softness than typical cotton fabrics? Or better question, does anybody have experience with a "normal" collar on a linen shirt? Soft collars on linens are probably a bit too soft for my taste, but I'd definitely prefer a linen shirt to "feel" slightly softer around the collar than my cotton shirts.

4. saskatoonjay

saskatoonjay Senior Member

I haven’t but I’m tempted. Because my favourite sweater, favourite pocket square, and favourite are all from PC. They haven’t disappointed me yet.

5. edubs01

edubs01 Distinguished Member

@saskatoonjay I have this available. Brand new, never used if interested.

6. saskatoonjay

Damn, @edubs01 — it’s just what I was looking for. I found one on Gentleman’s Gazette and ordered it already, though. Thanks for the offer, man.

7. EZB

EZB Member

I bought my first PC shirt in a Reda Merino Wool. I based the measurements on both measurements of me and the measurements of a reference shirt that is a bit too snug. I used their algorithm from my body measurements to make a shirt, and then I adjusted based on how the snug shirt fits me. Well, I got the shirt, and it just seems too big in some of the areas. For example, the chest size of the snug shirt is 24.25. The chest size of the PC shirt is supposed to be 24.50, but it feels MUCH larger. The mid section and bottom width are similarly much larger on the PC shirt. The shirt has been laundered twice now, so I am thinking perhaps the shrinking allowance was wrong. PC mentions that cotton shrinks, but will the merino wool also shrink? Could it be that they made it large and then the shirt didn't shrink?

8. saskatoonjay

Mistakes do happen, and they’re wiling to make it right. Email them pictures and tell them what happened.

9. EZB

EZB Member

Yeah. I did this morning. Waiting to hear back.

10. OzWino

OzWino Senior Member

nm

Last edited: May 3, 2018

11. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Senior Member

Does PC send delivery confirmation when items are sent out? My order was estimated to be delivered tomorrow at latest but according to the status on the website is still being cut and sewn...

12. cp3

cp3 Senior Member

For US delivery, I've always gotten an initial shipping notification email and a text from DHL the day before or day of. In my experience, their 2 week estimate has been accurate to the day or even earlier.

13. Canadianguy

Good to know, thanks.

14. dynemacron

dynemacron Well-Known Member

I have a question, which maybe some of you can help me with: how variable are the patterns? Do I have the ability to have them add more ease in the chest compared to the back (since P2P measurements won't show that)?

Last edited: May 26, 2018

15. Canadianguy

Just received my first PC shirt today - basic white dress shirt in Lafayette twill. It arrived one day later than the estimated delivery date, tisk tisk.
    77AD7F54-7A9C-4C3A-BE9C-90256029A678.jpeg

Very pleased with the fit, considering it was a trial run. Only thing that needs correcting is cuffs which are too loose. I’ll probably just have my tailor at the mall fix them. Sleeves are a touch full but I’ll probably just tweek that for my next order.