1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Proper care for exotic leather shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RainCityClotheshound, Mar 11, 2002.

1. RainCityClotheshound

RainCityClotheshound Well-Known Member

I have recently added some exotic leather shoes to my collection,and,of course,would like to take proper care of them so that they last.

Can anyone recommend specific exotic leather (e.g alligator,lizard,ostrich) care products to use?

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I saw an article in the SF Chronicle a couple of weeks back that Lincoln was "the" shoe polish for professionals. In fact, you can only get it through distributors. I don't know it it's equally good for exotic leather, though. Web site is www.lincolnshoepolish.com.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

I'll try to find the site I was looking at before with specific care instructions for each skin. But briefly, I think for reptile skin the skin is treated and should not be polished with coloured polish at all, and if I remember correctly, ostrich skin is more like normal shoe leather and can be polished with a toned cream polish. There is neutral colour polish but I don't think I would even use that on reptile shoes. Your best bet is to call a good cobbler shop and ask the guy there.

4. RainCityClotheshound

Thank you for your feedback gentlemen.

J, I let me know if you find the website.Thanks.

5. j

j Senior member Admin

I found a few, but this has the most info.

6. RainCityClotheshound

Thanks J. Very informative link. [​IMG]