• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Proper boot fit

AMH

Reaction score
I just received a pair of M Gemi Grotta deerskin lace-up boots and I love them, but I'm agonizing over whether they're the right size. I'm usually a US 10-10.5, so I ordered these in size 43.5. They feel great overall but I detect a bit of heel slip just walking around my living room carpet, and I think I see the slightest pucker in the vamp when I lace them up. Should I go down to a size 43? The width feels good across the ball of the foot. I've worn too-large shoes for most of my life and I'm still trying to find the sweet spot between blisters and pinched toes. The last thing I want to do is send these back for a too-small pair (this is why I hate online ordering!) and I can't exactly walk a mile in these just to be sure.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

IMG_20210416_115732[1].jpg

notdos

Reaction score
Can’t comment on the brand, but almost all “new” shoes have some heel slip since they can’t flex until they’re broken in. Just something to consider.

Phee

Reactions: AMH

AMH

Reaction score
I found a lot of helpful info in this thread.

I'm leaning toward a half-size down.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.