• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Proper attolini fit

dorian

Reaction score
The tailor at Vacca seemed to think that he would easily be able to make double pleats disappear, leaving perfect flat front Attolini suit pants.

Go figure....

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MikeF, yes, it'll be a big job converting 2 or 1 pleated pants into flat fronted pants. But master tailor can accomplish this for $$.

The particular Attolini I tried on came with flat fronted trouser. The trouser was also had narrower legs (I prefer straight cut).

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The tailor at Vacca seemed to think that he would easily be able to make double pleats disappear, leaving perfect flat front Attolini suit pants.
If their alterations tailor is good, then this is certainly possible. It's a big job but certainly doable.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But i cannot help to think that if one converts pleated Attolini pants into flat fronted Attolini pants by non Attolini tailor, do these pants still consider as Attolini garnmet?

MikeF

Reaction score
I never said that it was impossible - merely that it was a substantial undertaking and one, depending on the skill of your tailor, rife with risk.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But i cannot help to think that if one converts pleated Attolini pants into flat fronted Attolini pants by non Attolini tailor, do these pants still consider as Attolini garnmet?

Huh? Of course the garment is still an Attolini garment, albeit a highly altered on.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to be very very sure that you want to remove the pleats. In my opinion, this undertaking may ruin the entire balance of the suit: the "fullness" of the pants at the pleats may be in the exact proportion to the width of the coat at the bottom. If you remove the pleats, the pants will become slimmer, and thus there may be too much space/gap between the coat and pants and thus ruining the ensemble.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't be done. Why would anyone want to make this huge change to a fine pair of Attolini trousers?.?.?.?

I would think this a similar operation of trying to turn a DB jacket into a single breasted model....it may be within the realm of possibilities, but would you actually wear the monstrosity?

(and I thought shortening a suitcoat 1/2" was a drastic operation....)

dorian

Reaction score
I happen to think it's absurd, but if the tailor at Vacca thinks he can do it.... Hey, who wants to buy an Attolini suit at Vacca to act as a guinea pig?
devil.gif

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was mentioned by other members here. Does Attolini make jacket longer than other designers?

I measured variety of my suit jackets, and the ones that I look good on in terms of jacket length was 31.5 - 32 inches. I have one Boss jacket that is about 33.5 inches in length. It looks ok from the front view, but from the side, it definetly look longer.

The particular Attolini suit in question also measures 33 inches ..

dorian

Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread... This has to be one of the most beautiful suits I've seen. It is a proper Cesare Attolini suit - no, not Sartoria. Would someone please purchase this, wear it with pride and post a photo (face blacked out, whatever) so that I may live through you.? I suddenly wish I was 44. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....42&rd=1 Incredible.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the way my sartoria attolini fits; not sure if you can tell it's a 3 button, rolled to the middle button
attolini.jpg

dorian

Reaction score
That is beautiful. Beautiful.

Out of curiosity, did you buy that in a retail store, or from our friendly neighborhood Attolini seller at cost?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads