• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prominent forum member being interviewed

clip

Reaction score
He's an idiot, just like the rest of the leadership of the UoL Unions.

This is case in point that you aren't what you wear.

College\\VI form students never needed EMA. All you need to know about EMA is that it was introduced by the last government.

kennethpollock

Reaction score
My mistake as to which forum-he is prominently on AskAndy as Sean1982.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lapels and the hat make him look like a costumed character.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent

Don't forget the pocket watch chain...

Mac

Reaction score
I know people who get EMA - myself included because my mum is a single parent. Unless you're at university however, there is really no need for it. Everyone I know spends it on drink, drugs, clothes etc. His argument that it is 'needed' and that it should be increased is completely wrong and without merit.

I get sick of students protesting everything that's wrong with their lives, I really do. Moreover, he looks like a twat.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a related note, I detested student financing protests even back when I was an undergrad student. The tuition freeze argument is stupid because it ***** over the next generation of students.

The "tuition is too high" crowd can go to a cheaper school, get a loan, or do better and get a scholarship. Or just work for a few years (join the military if they have no skills) and go back to school.

Students are a bunch of entitled twats who think higher education in non-essential areas is a birthright. The most atrocious ones are those who believe taxpayers should pay for their tuition completely, since schools are breeding grounds for intellectual endeavors that benefit society.

My suggestion, should they insist on more government support, is this: The government could pay for a year of your tuition and books completely for every year of military service you do (or every 2 years of volunteer/public interest work). It'll get rid of the crowd that doesn't know what they want to do in life but goes to school since it's what you're supposed to do.

Mac

Reaction score
On a related note, I detested student financing protests even back when I was an undergrad student. The tuition freeze argument is stupid because it ***** over the next generation of students.

The "tuition is too high" crowd can go to a cheaper school, get a loan, or do better and get a scholarship. Or just work for a few years (join the military if they have no skills) and go back to school.

Students are a bunch of entitled twats who think higher education in non-essential areas is a birthright. The most atrocious ones are those who believe taxpayers should pay for their tuition completely, since schools are breeding grounds for intellectual endeavors that benefit society.

My suggestion, should they insist on more government support, is this: The government could pay for a year of your tuition and books completely for every year of military service you do (or every 2 years of volunteer/public interest work). It'll get rid of the crowd that doesn't know what they want to do in life but goes to school since it's what you're supposed to do.

+1,000,000.
worship.gif

kungapa

Reaction score

Your argument simplifies the situation to the point of absurdity. Tuition growth has outpaced inflation by several percentage points for decades. I don't know when you went to school, but the GI bill doesn't get you very far today.

changy

Reaction score

++++ Well said, sir. I would like to hear your thoughts on what are non-essential areas
biggrin.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

agreed. also a spoiled brat..."gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme" ah behold the entitlement generation.

Mac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kungapa
Your argument simplifies the situation to the point of absurdity. Tuition growth has outpaced inflation by several percentage points for decades. I don't know when you went to school, but the GI bill doesn't get you very far today.
The army was an example. Prospective students can get a job anywhere - work full time for a year, take out a loan when going to university and you'll be fine. Furthermore, student loans (in the UK, at least) are interest-free. Why does the government have to subsidise everything young people do? Pay your own way. UK students are now a bunch of pinko liberals who moan about everything and anything.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mac
Furthermore, student loans (in the UK, at least) are interest-free.

If you take a look at any one of my student loan statements you'll see they are most certainly not interest free. There is no interest while you are at Uni, but once you are in full-time employment and begin paying it back there is interest. Its considerably lower than it would be on a loan from anywhere else, but it's still there.

Students are a bunch of entitled twats

Someone sounds bitter.

clip

Reaction score
UK students have always been a bunch of "pinko liberals" that want to have everything for free. The only difference is that the nation has been numbed into stupidity by over a decade of the worst and most destructive government ever, and is now generally just as much a wet blanket and willing to listen to anyone grumbling about anything.

The current student position is this: "I want someone else to pay for me." And that's it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads