1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Prom Assistance

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LetterDelivery, Apr 9, 2013.

1. LetterDelivery

LetterDelivery New Member

I'm wearing a White, One-Button, Shawl Collar Tuxedo. The pants are Black and the shirt was originally White. The bow tie, of course. was going to be Black. I assumed that when dressing along with your date, it was okay to wear a (somewhat) traditional tuxedo, regardless of the colour of their dress. My date wants me to wear a Turquoise bow tie to go along with my ensemble. It might just be my tastes but the combination sounds dreadful. Should I simply exchange the shirt for a light blue shirt with a white collar (á lá Kanye West in the Runaway music video) or should I bend to her whim and wear the disgraceful turquoise bow tie? I feel this is my first chance to express my sartorial skills. Please assist me men of the style world.

2. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

You're right, your date is wrong. Wear a turquoise pocket square though, the bright and cheery color works with a white dinner jacket, and it should appease her.

Also, nice choice. Stick with the white shirt, too.

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

I vote against turquoise PS as well, but not near as egregious as a turquoise bow tie.

4. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Is there a strong chance you'll get laid by said chick?

One must factor that into the decision-making

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  5. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member