1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Project Runway 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by rdawson808, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

It's hard to imagine Jeffrey enjoying working for INC....I never understood if those interships (previous seasons were at Banana Republic) were mandatory for winning, or optional. Also, I've never heard of his clothing company Cosa Nostra...does he own that or is he just a designer for it?

He deserved to win, although I thought they would give it to Uli, who I could see benefitting from and actually enjoying the INC internship.

Michael pulled a Daniel V....ruling throughout the season then dropping the ball in the finale.

Laura's a cunt. "I'm not questioning your integrity". since when is accusing someone of cheating not questioning his integrity

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Aloha Rag carries (carried?) some Cosa Nostra stuff... I think bluebee might, as well. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect. Aloharag's site has this to say:

3. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

It's hard to imagine Jeffrey enjoying working for INC....I never understood if those interships (previous seasons were at Banana Republic) were mandatory for winning, or optional. Also, I've never heard of his clothing company Cosa Nostra...does he own that or is he just a designer for it?

Haha, I didn't even think about that. I can imagine him being fired from the INC internship pretty quickly, actually. I'd love to be a fly on the wall, though.

There was someone on SuFu who had some sort of Cosa Nostra outerwear, I think, but I haven't really seen it or heard of it, either. And you'd have a better chance knowing about it, being that you're in LA. Maybe it's just not that big. If he was doing tons of construction for whole seasons of the line, they must not put out *that* many pieces.

4. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Okay, I finally saw all four of them. Here are my thoughts (and reactions to some others' comments).

Jeffrey: Eh, it was okay overall. Individually I disliked some pieces. However, I LOVE the green and white dress from the end. It is gorgeous and the zippering detail that Tim commented on is really cool.

Uli: She definitely surprised me the most. Items 2-5 (maybe 6?) were very very nice and I was really impressed by them. Everything else was nice but very "Uli". Is it me or was that model in her bathing suit hot hot hot? In fact, she was about the only hot model.

Laura: Very elegant, but very staid. Just what I expected from her. I hate her as a person, but I think her work is just lovely. I do not think she is an haute couture designer, however (as someone else posted). There is nothing cutting-edge about what she does, and haute couture must be on the edge. In fact, I woud put Jeffrey's yellow plaid dress as the only truly haute couture thing I saw this season.

Michael: Someone said it just right by comparing him to Daniel V from last season. So much talent shown over the course of the show yet he just let the ball drop here. It was NOT hip-hop, I don't think. It was just kind of boring. It's "safari" because there's some animal print? Eh, boring.

As for Jeffrey winning? I can't really judge based just on these collections. Overall, I guess he gets it. Though Uli is a contender. Laura proved herself to be one-dimensional. It's a great dimension, but she's stuck in that (very elegant) rut. Michael just failed in the end.

bob

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

I pretty much concur. I think Michael still has the most potential, but he needs some time to experiment, figure out what works and what doesn't, how best to play to his strengths while remaining fresh, etc. It seems he works better when he has less time to overthink and has to just act on instinct.

6. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

I didn't get to tune in last night (but something tells me Bravo might replay this episode at some point in time, just maybe [​IMG] ) but I am interested in seeing their collections. I liked Laura, hated Jeffrey, so maybe that puts me in the minority here.

7. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I didn't get to tune in last night (but something tells me Bravo might replay this episode at some point in time, just maybe [​IMG] ) but I am interested in seeing their collections. I liked Laura, hated Jeffrey, so maybe that puts me in the minority here.

You can find them here:

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/fashion/...nwaydesigners/

8. Ramses

Ramses Senior member

Does anyone know the name of Jeff's runway song?

"We could have thrown the whole world apart"

9. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Also, I've never heard of his clothing company Cosa Nostra...does he own that or is he just a designer for it?

I believe that's his company
    http://www.cosanostrainc.com/

10. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Sorry, no I don't know, but it reminded me...

I didn't think Jeffrey's music really went well. I thought Uli's and Laura's were both really good. The music was both pleasing (to my ear and in my opinion, anyway) and it seemed to suit the clothes.

Not so much with Jeffrey or Michael.

b

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Cosa Nostra has rather expensive things like $7000 leather jackets, etc.

12. gdl203

It's hard to imagine Jeffrey enjoying working for INC....I never understood if those interships (previous seasons were at Banana Republic) were mandatory for winning, or optional.

I'm pretty sure it's just optional. Neither Jay or Chloe (winners of PR1 and 2) went to work for BR or any larger shop. They both pursued their own business.

On another hand, I think Jeffrey is the only Project Runway designer that could make this work (sic). An established (read boring) brand like Inc, BR or Gap could very well use him to rejuvenate their image by launching a Jeffrey Sebelia sub-line. If he is given some sort of creative autonomy and if he keeps doing what he does, he could use the distribution network to gain momentum. It wouldn't be the first time the marriage of a designer and cheap retail brand would work (see the various H&M collections by Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney)

13. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I'm pretty sure it's just optional. Neither Jay or Chloe (winners of PR1 and 2) went to work for BR or any larger shop. They both pursued their own business.

I can see Jay not doing it. He wanted to go straight to the catwalk. Chloe had an established business so where's the advantage?

On another hand, I think Jeffrey is the only Project Runway designer that could make this work (sic). An established (read boring) brand like Inc, BR or Gap could very well use him to rejuvenate their image by launching a Jeffrey Sebelia sub-line.

I was actually thinking that he might want to because his current business is very much a niche market and he might want the experience of learning about mass-market appeal, marketing, etc. It's one thing to be known among the rockstars, they can afford $7000 leather jackets. But to get his name out more this could help (as could your idea of a sub-line within INC). It could help him transform his business into a much larger one.

bob

14. gdl203

Is it me or was that model in her bathing suit hot hot hot?
    [​IMG]

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I have a boner for Kayne's model Amanda (redhead, talked too much on that one episode and drove everyone nuts). I believe she was wearing one of Uli's outfits in the final fashion show.

16. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

"Swing" $3

http://facecrime.com/store/

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I guess it's time for a thread for number 4.

18. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I guess it's time for a thread for number 4.

Damn right! One of the contestants is from Annapolis, btw.

b

19. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

Love the PR...I thought Uli had the sexiest models. Jeffrey AKA Tattoo Neck was kind of whack but some of his clothes were pretty rad like he made for the garbage episode.