• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Professional Travel Crew: What's your carry-on of choice?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to replace my old one, what are you into? B&R, Tumi, Samsonite?

Obviously looking for something 20-21", black or charcoal, rolling, durable, etc.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
I haven't run into any issues with it and I'm on a plane at least once a week. Look around at some of the other Rimowa cases as I believe they have some smaller ones. Quality is fantastic.

Also, perhaps a Zero Halliburton polycarbonate?: http://www.zerohalliburton.com/trave...e/ZF219-BK.jsp

That looks pretty damn good too.. Small and expandable.. Hmm..

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B&R. great bags. Go with international carry on standards, just in case though. I am going to buy a rimowa next though, all of my rollers are too big internationally, getting the IATA Salsa or aluminum. I liked this widebody Briggs and Riley too though. I hate when my bags don't fit in the bins wheels out. http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...Upright_U420XW

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Somebody's going to recommend the Red Ox bag so I might as well do it.

ugh, no.

Originally Posted by Rambo
Wouldn't you want to go with the maximum allowable size? Just to be able to pack as much of your crap in there as possible?

some airlines are stricter than others + overheads differ between the places. Right now I have this 20" that makes perfect use of the shape and has no external parts sticking out.. Fits everywhere.. I want something like that.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ErnestoG.
whatever i can fit the most duty free whiskey in
Funny because the objective for me next week is to secure some scotch. I specifically have a city in mind where I am going to be next week for a short trip and I figure I can bring about 4-5 bottles. Not duty free, but there is a great booze discounter there. Or maybe duty free..

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
some airlines are stricter than others + overheads differ between the places. Right now I have this 20" that makes perfect use of the shape and has no external parts sticking out.. Fits everywhere.. I want something like that.
I agree. I've not always had good luck with the airline's max size, so I've gone with the smallest that can accommodate my stuff, 18". Easy to carry and with careful packing, all my essentials fit.

freeAgent

Reaction score
How has nobody mentioned Travelpro? Check out the Travelpro Crew 8 20" Rollaboard (I have the Crew 7 version which is just older). Travelpro is the top brand among frequent travelers, and they make good ****. If you've ever seen the movie Up in the Air, that's what George Clooney is using and what he buys for his protege. It's not a mistake.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freeAgent
How has nobody mentioned Travelpro? Check out the Travelpro Crew 8 20" Rollaboard (I have the Crew 7 version which is just older). Travelpro is the top brand among frequent travelers, and they make good ****. If you've ever seen the movie Up in the Air, that's what George Clooney is using and what he buys for his protege. It's not a mistake.
But it's product placement in a movie. LOL. I'm not knocking the product, but it's not like Clooney chose it on purpose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads