• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Professional Travel Crew: What's your carry-on of choice?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to replace my old one, what are you into? B&R, Tumi, Samsonite?

Obviously looking for something 20-21", black or charcoal, rolling, durable, etc.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
I haven't run into any issues with it and I'm on a plane at least once a week. Look around at some of the other Rimowa cases as I believe they have some smaller ones. Quality is fantastic.

Also, perhaps a Zero Halliburton polycarbonate?: http://www.zerohalliburton.com/trave...e/ZF219-BK.jsp

That looks pretty damn good too.. Small and expandable.. Hmm..

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B&R. great bags. Go with international carry on standards, just in case though. I am going to buy a rimowa next though, all of my rollers are too big internationally, getting the IATA Salsa or aluminum. I liked this widebody Briggs and Riley too though. I hate when my bags don't fit in the bins wheels out. http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...Upright_U420XW

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Somebody's going to recommend the Red Ox bag so I might as well do it.

ugh, no.

Originally Posted by Rambo
Wouldn't you want to go with the maximum allowable size? Just to be able to pack as much of your crap in there as possible?

some airlines are stricter than others + overheads differ between the places. Right now I have this 20" that makes perfect use of the shape and has no external parts sticking out.. Fits everywhere.. I want something like that.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ErnestoG.
whatever i can fit the most duty free whiskey in
Funny because the objective for me next week is to secure some scotch. I specifically have a city in mind where I am going to be next week for a short trip and I figure I can bring about 4-5 bottles. Not duty free, but there is a great booze discounter there. Or maybe duty free..

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
some airlines are stricter than others + overheads differ between the places. Right now I have this 20" that makes perfect use of the shape and has no external parts sticking out.. Fits everywhere.. I want something like that.
I agree. I've not always had good luck with the airline's max size, so I've gone with the smallest that can accommodate my stuff, 18". Easy to carry and with careful packing, all my essentials fit.

freeAgent

Reaction score
How has nobody mentioned Travelpro? Check out the Travelpro Crew 8 20" Rollaboard (I have the Crew 7 version which is just older). Travelpro is the top brand among frequent travelers, and they make good shit. If you've ever seen the movie Up in the Air, that's what George Clooney is using and what he buys for his protege. It's not a mistake.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freeAgent
How has nobody mentioned Travelpro? Check out the Travelpro Crew 8 20" Rollaboard (I have the Crew 7 version which is just older). Travelpro is the top brand among frequent travelers, and they make good shit. If you've ever seen the movie Up in the Air, that's what George Clooney is using and what he buys for his protege. It's not a mistake.
But it's product placement in a movie. LOL. I'm not knocking the product, but it's not like Clooney chose it on purpose.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.