1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Problems with a strong chest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stugotes, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior Member

Hi everybody,

I talked to a bespoke tailor yesterday, because no suit fits me off the rack. I guess I got a freaky body in some way, as my suits always do this:

[​IMG]

(Posture exaggerated to display the problem)

Am I correct in assuming that this happens b/c the jacket is too tight in the chest? I have a rather broad chest compared to my shoulders, so RTW suits that fit well in the shoulder won't fit in the chest. TF suits are a sole exception, as they kinda fit an atlethic build, but they're not perfect either and thus way too expensive to not fit perfectly.

So, with a strong chest (and shoulders a little off in relation) and also a very(!) slim waist, can a bespoke tailor pull this off? With all my questions about the garments he uses and stylistic details, I forgot to ask him... ahem...