Problem with Weston shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by guzi4real, Apr 11, 2012.

1. guzi4real

guzi4real Member

Dear all,

first post for me, so if I'm breaking any forum rules I'll happily delete this.

As I was shopping for my first pair of nice shoes (Westons) I noticed a tiny indentation on the left shoe, visible only when a direct reflection was on it. I thought to myself that it should be normal and that I should embrace it as a mark of character (this and also the fact that there was no other pair for my size in stock).

Immediately after buying the shoes, I send them to the local shoemaker to install thin rubber soles and front irons. I got the shoes back after 10 days and before wearing them for the first time, I shined them using the Weston cream that was sold to me with the shoes. This is when a big, very visible stain appeared, at the exact spot where I had noticed that indentation I mentioned above:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:-(((((((

I was destroyed, my brand new shoes had a big stain and I hadn't even wore them yet :-( I took them back to the Weston shop, fearing that they would refuse to help me due to the rubber soles & irons I had fitted on the shoes; however (albeit a bit suspiciously) they accepted to send them back to the factory, to "re-color" them. I should have them back in more or less one month.

My questions to fellow forum readers are the following: has such thing happened to you? Also, can I be confident that the stain will not appear again if they just "re-color" them? Should I maybe insist on an exchange?

Thank you in advance for your time and answers.

Regards,

G.

2. guzi4real

guzi4real Member