• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Problem With Seller, Need Advice

The Gooch

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the right place but I can't start a thread in the Selling forum yet.

I paid for an item via paypal personal payment and I think the seller is being a jerk about it. After we agreed on a price and I sent the payment, he sends me a PM asking for an additional $10 for shipping stating the item is heavy and will cost him too much to ship it to me. Bear in mind this seller has already sold a few of the same item so he should be aware of shipping weights/cost estimates and his prices stated on the thread are CONUS shipped prices.

I ask to be refunded and he says the item has already shipped but I get no tracking number despite asking for it several times before.

What should I do?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just wait, if it was already shipped without the extra $10 requested after the fact.

The Gooch

Reaction score
He has been a member for about 4 years. Also, apparently he shipped the item after I'd asked for a refund and still haven't provided a tracking number. Based on his language to me via PM, he may be scamming me.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those bullshit paypal personal payment requests from sellers need to stop, never use this option!

The Gooch

Reaction score
I figured since he was a long-time member, I was OK. I guess I was wrong to assume.

EDIT: The member has contacted me and I feel a little better about the whole thing.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.