• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Problem with muscle definition

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Sounds like you need some NitroTech hardcore and celltech
no creatine

also add fish oil pills supplements daily .

Maybe add thermoshred into the mix the last month of a 3 month routine taking those .

tsloop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNotAzFreshAzImIz
Sounds like you need some NitroTech hardcore and celltech
no creatine

also add fish oil pills supplements daily .

Maybe add thermoshred into the mix the last month of a 3 month routine taking those .

lol, don't do this.

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Why not tsloop ? Those are good products . and will give him what he desires in LESS than 3 months .. 99.9% safely

khamuast

Reaction score
I think doing sets of a very small rep number won't add too much mass, but should greatly increase strength. I'm not 100% certain or anything but I think around 8-10 reps should be used for mass gaining, and 2-6 for strength. Think of it as increasing your one rep max. Though I guess it would be impossible to not gain mass lifting heavy weight.

tsloop

Reaction score
Why not tsloop ? Those are good products . and will give him what he desires in LESS than 3 months .. 99.9% safely

Nitro-tech and Cell-tech are definitely not what I would call good products, if you want protein you can just grab a 5 pound bottle of Optimum Nutrition whey for a couple dollars more than a 2 pounder of Nitro-tech HC, plus the ON whey has 25% more protein, half the sugar, and half the saturated fat per serving. I wouldn't recommend Cell-tech either if someone is looking for a creatine, not only does it have 75!!! grams of sugar per serving, but a $40 bottle of cell-tech is only 20 servings. You can just go to bodybuilding.com and find a bottle of creatine powder that is 200 servings for less than $20.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Oh, of course. That's also why I mentioned that for most people, it really is difficult to be very strong at 165. I'm not, and I'm a pretty lean 165. I was just pointing out that weight isn't really a good indicator of strength. Even muscle mass isn't always a good indicator. I'm sure we've all seen guys at the gym who are pretty huge, but lift (relatively) little for their size, spending all their time doing isolation exercises and high reps. Which, are those guys just all on 'roids or something, or are they just genetically gifted? I can't gain **** if I sit around doing isolation exercises.

It's true that some bodybuilders, while gigantic, aren't nearly as strong as their size would suggest. Strength is all about recruiting the most motor units as possible to lift the weight. Hypertrophy is all about putting stresses on the muscle to grow. They're not mutually exclusive, but they're not completely inclusive, either.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
+1. Cutting is always much, much easier than clean bulking.

That might be true, but who wants to spend any time fat? Especially when your Flat Heads won't fit until you trim down.

Lean mass gains with minimal fat gain is possible. It's all about clean eating and macronutrient timing, brohams.

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Okay t so instead of getting the two products that I mentioned which ARE good products , though not THE best and yes your recommendation for him to go all natural IS a good one since he has never taken supplements before !
With this I do agree .
BUT he would have to get a Whey isolate + a complete Amino-Acid supplement + L_Glutamine to make it a somewhat similar substitute for the NItroTech hardcore
Then he would have to get a proper creatine not just some off the shelf mix and add calcium to that etc etc ..

the two products I mentioned are in a class of their own no doubt

tsloop

Reaction score
Okay t so instead of getting the two products that I mentioned which ARE good products , though not THE best and yes your recommendation for him to go all natural IS a good one since he has never taken supplements before !
With this I do agree .
BUT he would have to get a Whey isolate + a complete Amino-Acid supplement + L_Glutamine to make it a somewhat similar substitute for the NItroTech hardcore
Then he would have to get a proper creatine not just some off the shelf mix and add calcium to that etc etc ..

the two products I mentioned are in a class of their own no doubt

Actually, the Optimum Nutrition whey has 5 grams of branch chain amino acids, while the nitro-tech has 2 grams of their "amino acid matrix" which includes creatine monohydrate. There's a reason ON whey won the protein of the year and supplement of the year from bodybuilding.com. So the ON whey has all of the beneficial things you want in a protein but in higher quantities and it also doesn't include creatine and nitric oxide, 2 things which I wouldn't want in my protein. If I'm gonna take creatine or NO then I don't want it to come from my protein powder.

I think the 2 products you mention are in a class of their own, unfortunately it's not in a good way. There is a reason cell-tech is the object of derision of 90% of the bodybuilding.com community.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lost 5 pounds in the past 10 days, and I have been able to increase the number of reps with a set amount of weight for almost all compound exercise. I can fit more comfortably into my April 77s. And my girlfriend told me I look like a mass of lean muscle. Thanks for the advice guys.
smile.gif

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
CellTEch is not bad to start with as an EASY all-in-one is all I meant ..

4 different creatine types + No + energy

I wouldn't even use creatine at all though for a LONG Time if I have never taken supplements ..

so ignore my suggestion poster ..

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Are you going to get into any type of supplementation Flame ?
This is a very interesting and very common topic - guys work hard years and don't see the muscle as it is hidden under a layer of seemingly inpossible to trim ***** fat fat ..
I know my buddy worked out religously a long time and always looked chubby til he tried a few supplements for 2-3 months . What do ya know he had the most ripped six pack I ever saw in real life . Looked like the middle cut was 1" deep or better
but congrads though - hope you didnt lose 5 pounds of muscle ...
It wouldn't hurt you to go on a bulk up phase because not much weight is going to go to your waist area if you bulk properly . Then after you gain about 15-20 pounds of muscle go on a cutting phase and lose as much bodyfat as you can ..
you gotta start with some type of protein though to keep your muscle

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, even if I wanted to, I can't. I'm living in Singapore right now to undergo my mandatory 2 years of National Service (****) and the military discourages supplements.
plain.gif

Anyways, military training should more than buff me up!
laugh.gif

It's definately not 5 lbs of muscle, since I'm lifting heavier with more reps...

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Um heavier with less reps and more sets .. ?? !!

And the military CANNOT discourage whey protein as it is a food ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads