• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Problem with kenneth cole...

Grand Arcanum

Reaction score
Hey -

I was wondering what everyone thought of Kenneth Cole shoes. I bought a new pair of Kenneth Cole Reaction (they look like loafers) and after only two months, it's already worn out really badly. The inside of the rear section is already ripped apart (it's still wearable because from the outside, nobody can see the damage inside and I admit, they're a hell of a f--king comfortable pair of shoes) and I was wondering if anybody else had similiar problems.

Thanks.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aside from Sketchers or those shoes you need a perscription for, I've always thought that Kenneth Cole made the uglyest shoes money can buy . I've found the soles and heels to be way too chunky, with the toes oddly shaped. Other than being ugly, I've always suspected them of having inferior craftsmanship. They use terrible leather which is sometimes fake looking. As I'm writing this I'm staring at my roomate's pair of KC's; lol.

A good alternative to KC is Johnston and Murphy; which is in the same price range. I bought a pair of oxford's there last year and they're still holding up just fine. Shoes is one area you really shouldn't skimp on. Spending a little extra is worth it, cause the shoes will hold up longer. It's also a good idea to have a few pairs and rotate wearing them.

davei

Reaction score
Agreed, they're OK for their price range (under $200) but there's better stuff out there. Sticking with the Coles, Cole Haan is a little more expensive, but IMHO a little better quality, and alot more style (I don't like the flat/chunky look either.) Blundstone & R.M. Williams make good shoes (well, boots) as well. They're well priced since the AUS$ is so low compared to the US$. I love boots in general and wear them all the time (hide me from the fashion police..
smile.gif

Abe2

Reaction score
I've always found Ecco to be one of the best mid-low-priced labels around. Very stylish, and REALLY comfortable.

Other midpriced labels I like include Aldo, Cole Haan, Johnston Murphy, Ben Sherman, and A. Testoni.

gotlighters

Reaction score
well there's your problem, you bought a pair of kenneth cole, and from the REACTION collection as well. stay awayyyyyy. I have a pair of magnanni's on sale from NM last call, around $150 or so. No real issues so far.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread is from 9 years ago...

Is 2002 really 9 years ago? wow.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Thread is from 9 years ago...

Is 2002 really 9 years ago? wow.

Mr Big bumps another ancient thread.

E TF

Reaction score
I think Mr Big must be the same guy who appeared two or three weeks ago and bumped a bunch of ancient posts before he got banned in about a day. Troll is the term, I think.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by E,TF
I think Mr Big must be the same guy who appeared two or three weeks ago and bumped a bunch of ancient posts before he got banned in about a day. Troll is the term, I think.

I'm pretty sure it's just the latest incarnation of Petrus. He sure does amuse himself.
tinfoil.gif

bijox

Reaction score
^
smell troll?

hilarious post though.

mr. bigg is trolling because he's bitter and angry he can't afford clothes and shoes. lol. so he takes it out on us.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics