• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Problem with Brooks Brothers online order

elippsis

Reaction score
During the last one day suit sale, I purchased (online) an 1818 Regent Double Breasted Tuxedo. When I received the order today, the trousers were missing!

I called customer support, and they looked into it, and said the dinner jacket and trousers were sold separately.

However, I remember, distinctly, that trousers were included as I recall reading that they were pleated and I wasn't sure if I'd like the pleated trousers but thought it was a good price for the tux regardless. Also, on their website, all full tuxedos (jacket and pants) are listed as "1818 Regent Tuxedo," whereas, separates are listed as "1818 Regent Tuxedo Jacket."

Now, I don't know what to do...they're not sending me the trousers that I intended on having even though I believe they should be.

Do I have any recourse other than returning the jacket at my expense? The link is now unavailable because the product has since been discontinued.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No you don't any recourse, you either send it back to them or buy a pair of trousers to complement the jacket, it's that simple,duh.

kohelet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by elippsis
During the last one day suit sale, I purchased (online) an 1818 Regent Double Breasted Tuxedo. When I received the order today, the trousers were missing!

I called customer support, and they looked into it, and said the dinner jacket and trousers were sold separately.

However, I remember, distinctly, that trousers were included as I recall reading that they were pleated and I wasn't sure if I'd like the pleated trousers but thought it was a good price for the tux regardless. Also, on their website, all full tuxedos (jacket and pants) are listed as "1818 Regent Tuxedo," whereas, separates are listed as "1818 Regent Tuxedo Jacket."

Now, I don't know what to do...they're not sending me the trousers that I intended on having even though I believe they should be.

Do I have any recourse other than returning the jacket at my expense? The link is now unavailable because the product has since been discontinued.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hold on one second. You might have a possibility. Call the website again and only speak to a female. Once you get a female tell her what you told us. And have two optional links/name of items that prove your point. Have your order receipt with you. If that female refuses to listen to you, ask to speak to her manager. Never raise your voice. Always have an elegant stern tone. If they still refuse. Ask them for a personal discount code to use for a suit on their site to make up for their mistake. And make them pay to ship back your tux. In business "The customer is always right"

kohelet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BamaHater
I beg to differ

OFcourse the customer isn't always right. I was simply stating a business slogan when it comes to customer service...

A lot of businesses carry the philosophy that the customer is always right. Businesses want to have a great reputation, excellent customer service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads