- Mar 11, 2006
- Reaction score
I'm sure there are some people here who know a lot about problem solving strategies. I got this from a friend via email the other day:
A friend of mine showed me the solution quickly, but I wan't able to figure out what the key is to solving the puzzle. Is it like the nine-dots puzzle, where there's some mental block/unrecognized assumption that you have to let go of?"Everybody has to cross the river".
(To start, click on the big blue circle on the right.)
The following rules apply:
- Only 2 persons can travel on the raft at a time
- The father can not stay with any of the daughters without their mother's presence
- The mother can not stay with any of the sons without their father's presence
- The thief (striped shirt) can not stay with any family member if the Policeman is not there
- Only the Father, the Mother and the Policeman know how to operate the raft
- To move the people, click on them; to move the raft, click on the pole on the opposite side of the river.