• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Problem or no problem

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Cavour? Haven’t tried them myself but they have a thread here and the suits look pretty good, though the trousers seem to run a little slim based on measurements.

Sweetest

Reaction score
D659F2F9-6B92-4FA2-9EC5-30BC6617EE29.jpeg
C822BDA3-BD89-4547-90E0-9E22BCEF6658.jpeg
79765D5C-85F7-4E60-99D7-D21AE61E5A56.jpeg

I tried taking some photos without holding the phone. I dont notice any collar gap or any real problem in the shoulders? And a suit true fit should be measured with arms straight along the sides, correct?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes looks okay in a static pose. In my experience, though, a jacket that fits well should never have a gap appear with moderate movement (holding up a phone, shaking hands, driving a car). Of course we’re not talking about playing basketball in a suit.

If you do move your arms around and a collar gap appears, does it go away on its own when you stop moving, or do you have to pull your lapels down to make the gap disappear? I think the latter would be unacceptable.The former would not be my preference.

I think this jacket looks just a little snug in the chest. The lapels bow a little on the frontal view and pop off your chest a bit on the side view.

pwbower

Reaction score
View attachment 1729093 View attachment 1729094 View attachment 1729095
I tried taking some photos without holding the phone. I dont notice any collar gap or any real problem in the shoulders? And a suit true fit should be measured with arms straight along the sides, correct?
Looking at it from the side, I think it's more obvious that it's too slim a fit for you. I don't think you should be able to see the contours of your muscles in a suit. It should hang cleanly and create smooth lines. I would go for something with a fuller cut if I were you. If it's for summer, maybe spend a little time shopping around?

Jan Capek

Reaction score
The collar gap is difficult to assess from the photo, but the trapezius area is something that would bother me a little. I also think the sleeves are too tight for your "guns".

In my experience, the trap dip is sometimes caused by square shoulders, prominent shoulder bones, or tailor's adjustment of the cloth under the neck with the view of removing a horizontal back roll, the one thing that guys with athletic built often have on their RTW suits.

In terms of returning it or keeping it, I would let your confidence be the guide.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As others have said, that coat is too tight on you.

If you have a keen interest in clothes, I would return that and find something better. If you're just looking to get a suit for work purposes and don't want to look like a fool to the average person, I think that suit is serviceable. In the US, many young people wear suits that are too tight for them and I don't think the average person notices.

Reactions: RSS

Sweetest

Reaction score
Once again I would like to thank you all for the replies. Quite surprisingly, I visited the store that I bought the suit from in a last hope that the jacket that I had purchased simply was faulty. And it was. I tried on the same size and it fit completley different in the neck, which is now as straight of a line as it can be (alteast for an OTR-jacket). The store of course didn't charge me for switching the jacket. So now I am very pleased with how it looks.

I will post a picture here to showcase the difference. As for the remarks regarding my "guns", yes, most suits are too tight for me in the arms. This one, however, even if it may appear so in the photos, is not. It fits very comfortably. I might end up taking up the sleeves a tiny bit and possibly take in the mid section, but overall, I am very pleased.

Sweetest

Reaction score
Even the lapells look a bit wider for some reason, which is just a plus according to me.

kylepw

Reaction score
Looks better than first, but still think you can do much better for the price. For one thing, jacket sides are shooting out at an angle and not flattering. I'd seriously consider Cavour if you're looking for a new jacket or suit in sub-$800 range. You can always try it on and return it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads