1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Problem finding right pocket square, black suit multiple ties.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rollingphone, Mar 14, 2016.

1. rollingphone

rollingphone New Member

Hi!

I am going to attend an event and what I have is a black suit, white shirt and following knitted plain colored ties: red, burgundy, navy blue.
    I have been looking for a pocket square to match a combination without any luck, which is why I am here :)
    Any suggestion is appreciated!

2. chippneckwear

chippneckwear Well-Known Member

The burgundy or red knit and see if you can find a pocket square that is medium gray with a burgundy or red dot, figure,or paisley.
    Paul Winston
    Winston Tailors/ www.chippneckwear.com

3. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

White is always a safe bet if stuck.

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

Burn the black suit would be a good start. Horrendous colour to have in your wardrobe. Then get a few suit and appropriate silk tie/pocket square and tie.

NB square and tie should not be from the same piece of silk.

5. rollingphone

rollingphone New Member

Thank you for your advice! It seems to be quite hard to find a medium gray with burgundy pocket square though...
    Yeah I agree, I do have a plain white pocket square but wanted to try out something new.

Haha it is actually the only suit I have for now, and being a student on a student-budget getting a new suit does not come cheap :)

6. chippneckwear

chippneckwear Well-Known Member

You can make your own pocket square. Go to a yard goods shop and if you can find a silk pattern you like buy 1/2 yard. ( The kind of silks they sell for linings and for woman's scarves.) Cut a 12"/14" square and use it as a puff pocket square. There is no need to finish the edges.

Paul Winston
    Winston Tailors/ www.chippneckwear.com
    212 687-0850