• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PRL Slim Custom-Fit Weathered Polo: Different than regular custom fit?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking to order a few of these online. I like the regular custom-fit very much, and am wondering if anyone knows how these differ? The description says "washed for the weathered hand of a timeworn favorite", but the picture seems no different than a regular polo. Any advice is appreciated.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...filiate_k70634

Septavius

Reaction score
I bought the Maui Pink one two months ago, but returned it. The sleeves were a bit longer than a regular custom-fit, and to me it looked and felt odd, like a hybrid between a classic and custom fit.

modagg

Reaction score
I have a couple of the "worn in" oxfords and polos, their basically just washed a bunch of times so there softer and look a bit worn in. Not that crazy abercrombie worn in with paint and extreme decolorization but a little fraying on the edges. I would say it should fit how a normal custom fit polo fits after a few washes.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Septavius
I bought the Maui Pink one two months ago, but returned it. The sleeves were a bit longer than a regular custom-fit, and to me it looked and felt odd, like a hybrid between a classic and custom fit.

Thanks Septavius. Exactly what I was looking for.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
just buy a regular one, distress it yourself over the years!

I don't want the distressed look. I just love the fit and these were on sale while the regulars were full price.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
friends and family for polo is coming up on the 16th, 30% off.... you can grab some custom fits then

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics