• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prisco Napoli - Camiceria

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camiceria Prisco Napoli, also known as Camiceria Prima, was recommended to me by a friend of mine. It is actually located next door to the Salvatore Piccolo mentioned in this forum few times, but was visually busier then the neighbour whilst I was there.

The owner himself took the measures, cut the fabric (my own) and did the fitting of the trial shirt in the picture below.

5786160440_f20b0f9fc3_b.jpg

The very impressive thing that after the measures, Enzo cut the fabric main pieces and sent it to the workshop at the back (quite big) and 10 minutes later the trial shirt above, with a muslin collar and ONE muslin cuff (not seen in the picture) came back for me to try on... They can do various level of handwork, from none to 14 steps (I guess like Kiton for you and me). Mine will only have the 8 I specifically requested and the flat button types I prefer for the type of shirt I ordered.

Contact details (Owner is Enzo)
www.camiceriaprima.it
prisco.vincenzo66 at alice.it. (edited email)

Last edited:

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was revising my notes and remember that one of the great things about Prisco is that variety of Fabric they have access to... Full Monti (inc Prince Rose), Testa, DJA & TM, Canclini, Sic Tess, Carlo Riva, etc... Pending full satisfaction on my first order ;-) I have already in mind two Carlo Riva and one sic tess made shirts to order from him....

foto010101

Reaction score
Thanks for your contribution. Please show us the results. I wonder what the prices are.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the post - pics of the finished shirt(s) would be great.

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally I have received the shirt thanks to a friend visiting London (it had been sitting at his house in Naples for months as he had cancelled the original trip...)

Anyway here some quick pictures:

The fabric is mercerized cotton poplin 100/2 from a non Italian mill, self sourced.

I am pretty happy about the fit and there will only be a minor tweak on the sleeve on the next order.

Last edited:

connor09

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Camiceria Prisco Napoli, also known as Camiceria Prima, was recommended to me by a friend of mine. It is actually located next door to the Salvatore Piccolo mentioned in this forum few times, but was visually busier then the neighbour whilst I was there.The owner himself took the measures, cut the fabric (my own) and did the fitting of the trial shirt in the picture below.
5786160440_f20b0f9fc3_b.jpg
The very impressive thing that after the measures, Enzo cut the fabric main pieces and sent it to the workshop at the back (quite big) and 10 minutes later the trial shirt above, with a muslin collar and ONE muslin cuff (not seen in the picture) came back for me to try on... They can do various level of handwork, from none to 14 steps (I guess like Kiton for you and me). Mine will only have the 8 I specifically requested and the flat button types I prefer for the type of shirt I ordered.Contact details (Owner is Enzo)www.camiceriaprima.it priscovincenzo66 at alice.it

I'm especially intrigued that they were able to produce a trial shirt in 10 minutes!

GBer

Reaction score
Do you speak speak Italian? Does Enzo speak English?

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you speak speak Italian? Does Enzo speak English?

I have spoken to Enzo earlier today to see how my order is progressing and if he managed to source the specific button I brought him an example of. He confirmed that he can speak english and however when dealing with english speaking clients he always arrange for a fluent english speaker to be present.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

M

recondite

Reaction score
Well done!

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They look beautiful. Any information on pricing?
It depends by many factors as the level of handwork and fabrics ( and I source most of my fabrics and only pay for CMT . For what I have seen in the city, I gather is about 10% or more cheaper then most of the good competitors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads