• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prince's Coat on The View

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy geeezzzz... check out the coat that Prince is wearing on The View:

http://tv.gawker.com/5710301/prince-...it-to-the-view

Where can I get one. Damn. Damn. Damn.

I think he is trying to show me up. I wore a very cool eel skin coat to his secret show at the Hotel Gansevort (200 people) a couple summers ago. He's guys all comment on how cool the coat was. This is his way of one upping me. In spades.

Paulo100

Reaction score
Well, for a start I would call that a jacket, not a coat, but that might depend on which continent you live in, but seriously, could you see yourself walking around in that? (Don't answer)

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't walk around as a normal person dressed like Prince O(+>. Even some of the details are off limits to normal members of society. It requires a specific personality as well as being famous beyond the normal flavor of the month.

His normal style is a tailcoat in velvet or some other such fabric in a bright purple or red or in creme and 4 inch heels on boots. Can you pull that off on a daily basis?

WoolPants

Reaction score
You can't dress like Prince

Prince is like a real life superhero.

The dude is 5' tall yet carries himself like hes 6'-5".

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WoolPants
You can't dress like Prince

Prince is like a real life superhero.

The dude is 5' tall yet carries himself like hes 6'-5".

It helps to be a musical genius...

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
It helps to be a musical genius...

The reference to Justin Bieber (flavor of the month) in the video pisses me off. One guy wrote, produced, sung and played all of the instruments on his first album and while he did add a great band and has had several incarnations of such throughout his career for touring, has almost always done everything on every album but play horns. The other guy is produced from bottom to top and if he has any talent it's not self evident because it's hard to get through all of the production.

Outside of Stevie Wonder I would be hard pressed to compare anyone else to Prince.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman
The reference to Justin Bieber (flavor of the month) in the video pisses me off. One guy wrote, produced, sung and played all of the instruments on his first album and while he did add a great band and has had several incarnations of such throughout his career for touring, has almost always done everything on every album but play horns. The other guy is produced from bottom to top and if he has any talent it's not self evident because it's hard to get through all of the production.

Outside of Stevie Wonder I would be hard pressed to compare anyone else to Prince.

Justin Bieber?

I find him an irritating little brat...

John Lennon was a creative genius...

David Bowie?

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah you can't really dress like Prince. Where to get the jacket? Well, find someone who will make it for you because I'm pretty certain it's custom

I remember hearing Prince say he doesn't even own a pair of jeans and he dresses like that even when he's just hanging around the house

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you post a still pic of the coat? I don't watch the View because I'm not a homosexual.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
when did Prince become a Love and Rockets character?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman
O(+>

oh that's good!
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads