• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prince's Coat on The View

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Can you post a still pic of the coat? I don't watch the View because I'm not a homosexual.

Do you have to be one to watch the show?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF Mode Off (check) Hetero Mode Off (check) (No ****) Mode On (check) AWESOME
prince_livesexy.jpg
AWESOME
prince.jpg
AWESOME
prince-gal-concert1985.jpg
AWESOME
prince2.jpg
AWESOME
guitars_09.jpg
Bit of a fan....
satisfied.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember watching the 1999's video and thinking this guy was fantastic...

I was a bit young for Controversy but from When doves cry to the mid nineties, I was a big fan...

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attachment 55626 The jacket appears to be a black fabric covered with clear sequins
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably belongs in another forum but my top Prince O(+> albums and songs (can't pick just 10:

Albums in wide release (not including bootlegs):
1. Dirty Mind
2. Sign o' the Times
3. Purple Rain
4. 3121
5. One Night Alone Live! The Aftershow...It Ain't Over!
6. Prince
7. Musicology
8. Lovesexy
9. 1999
10. Diamonds and Pearls

Songs:
1. Joy in Repetition
2. The Ballad of Dorothy Parker
3. Another Lonely Christmas
4. Forever in My Life
5. When Doves Cry
6. When U Were Mine
7. Shockadellica
8. Alphabet St.
9. 17 Days
10a. 5 Women
10b. Days of Wild
10c. Peach

Yes, that's 12. But I have over 1000 Prince tracks on my iTunes.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman
Probably belongs in another forum but my top Prince O(+> albums and songs (can't pick just 10: Albums in wide release (not including bootlegs): 1. Dirty Mind 2. Sign o' the Times 3. Purple Rain 4. 3121 5. One Night Alone Live! The Aftershow...It Ain't Over! 6. Prince 7. Musicology 8. Lovesexy 9. 1999 10. Diamonds and Pearls Songs: 1. Joy in Repetition 2. The Ballad of Dorothy Parker 3. Another Lonely Christmas 4. Forever in My Life 5. When Doves Cry 6. When U Were Mine 7. Shockadellica 8. Alphabet St. 9. 17 Days 10a. 5 Women 10b. Days of Wild 10c. Peach Yes, that's 12. But I have over 1000 Prince tracks on my Itunes.
Based on your music selection I'd venture a guess that we might get along pretty well. At least on a long road trip where music was necessary
lol8[1].gif
My Musicology album is playing now...
biggrin.gif

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
Attachment 55626

The jacket appears to be a black fabric covered with clear sequins

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

That has to be right. I don't believe he wears animal products anymore. He's a subtly vocal vegetarian as well.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Why are you watching The View?

I'm serious.

Is it that bad?

Worse than Steve Wilko or Maury?

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prince is a man who knows how to strut

I wonder if any of the other London members went to the O2 shows three years ago. Rarely has my money been better spent

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to three of them. Amazing performance for a man that age. Each performance was different.
Now if I could only go back in time to the Livesexy concert in Dortmund....

Originally Posted by barims
Prince is a man who knows how to strut

I wonder if any of the other London members went to the O2 shows three years ago. Rarely has my money been better spent

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
I went to three of them. Amazing performance for a man that age. Each performance was different.
Now if I could only go back in time to the Livesexy concert in Dortmund....

If you close your eyes you can. I assume you have that recording.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I saw a clip of that concert during a performance of 'Sexy Dancer' - it did give me a moment of borrowed, fond nostalgia

I still have the VHS for the Sign O' The Times tour, which is endlessly watchable. I love how he and the band tear through 'Housequake'

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be at Madison Square Garden on December 18th. Next Saturday.. Sheila E... Sinbad.. Larrry Graham.. as guests. Will be epic.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
I'll be at Madison Square Garden on December 18th. Next Saturday.. Sheila E... Sinbad.. Larrry Graham.. as guests. Will be epic.

Lucky you...

I have always wanted to see him and Bowie before I die...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads