Prince Charles

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ernest, Nov 27, 2004.

1. ernest

ernest Senior member

Looks like Charles? [​IMG]

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Not exactly. The jacket collar stands away from the shirt collar. The shirt collar is too open above the tie knot. The tie knot is not pulled up into the collar. There is no dimple under the tie knot. The left shirt sleeve is not showing any cuff.

3. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Doesn't Prince Charles shave?

4. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Charles would never wear an American striped tie (stripes going from top right to left) but an English stripe (top left to right). And on Charles' blazer buttons he would sport his crest with ostrich plumes and Ich dien (I serve). Congratulations to your 1000th post.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Plus your jacket is sans ticket pocket.

Jon.

6. armscye

armscye Senior member

And to add further insult, the lapel roll seems too sharp and there appears to be only one lapel buttonhole. Plus Charles' shirt collars are usually more dramatically cut away, and higher to conceal his long neck.

Seriously, the jacket looks like it fits fairly well, if the sleeves were shortened. To really get to the Prince Charles level in front of an audience this demanding would require quite an outfit.

I'm still gathering the courage to post pix of an outfit in front of this tough a crowd.

7. ernest

ernest Senior member

So I look like Charles as the jacket is just not well put on, the shirt sleeves is to short because of the watch .

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(Manton @ 27 Nov. 2004, 3:02) Not exactly. The jacket collar stands away from the shirt collar. The shirt collar is too open above the tie knot. The tie knot is not pulled up into the collar. There is no dimple under the tie knot. The left shirt sleeve is not showing any cuff.
    So I look like Charles as the jacket is just not well put on, the shirt sleeves is to short because of the watch .
    Yeah, I noticed that too (It happens to me as well, thus I need to purchase thinner watches), but I decided that Ernest should defend himself. Jon.

9. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

What kind of pants are you wearing? Shoes?

10. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

No pants, no shoes. Ernest is trying to cultivate his image as an eccentric. [​IMG]

11. ernest

ernest Senior member

jeans

sneakers

12. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

(Mike C. @ 27 Nov. 2004, 11:15) What kind of pants are you wearing? Shoes?
    jeans sneakers
    Wow, you should have shown us the full body, and then we would have said you really look like prince charles.

13. ViroBono

ViroBono Senior member

The Prince of Wales always wears a cutaway collar with ties. As has been said earlier, his ties are invariably striped the original British way, and are often the ties of regiments of which he is Colonel in Chief, or other service ties. It is, of course, seriously bad form for anyone who has not served to wear a regimental, corps or service tie to which they are not entitled, so we should not expect Ernest to pursue his quest to emulate the British too assiduosly. [​IMG]

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Yes, I have heard that the British are quite upset by the improper use of regimental / university neckties, thus I have avoided their patterns to avoid any problems. Luckily, there are hundreds, if not thousands of non-organizational ties out there that are perfectly suitable and whose patters are for the most part are indiscernible to the general population. Jon.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(Mike C. @ 27 Nov. 2004, 4:15) What kind of pants are you wearing? Shoes?
    No pants, no shoes. Ernest is trying to cultivate his image as an eccentric. [​IMG]
    hehe [​IMG]. Jon. (Well, at least you have to admit Ernest must be the best dressed out of all of his friends)