• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Prime Suspect

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
For fans of this long-running, brilliant multiple miniseries, the last part of the final show (Prime Suspect 7: The Final Act) will air Sunday on Masterpiece Theatre (PBS). This is what made Helen Mirren my favorite actress...if you haven't seen some of the earlier segments, please do. Tremendous acting and screenplay.

Wikipedia for the uninitiated:
"Prime Suspect's format is multiple miniseries: each case runs around 3½ hours (without commercials) usually aired in two parts. Prime Suspect 4 was an exception at 4½ hours in three semi-seperate cases.

The first five series were produce at a steady pace of one every 18 monthes, until Helen Mirren left the roll to avoid typecasting (acording to a PBS interview). She returned to the character after a seven year gap."

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't believe that I missed this. It is our favorite television program ever. I guess that I will have to wait for the next run or the DVD.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
For fans of this long-running, brilliant multiple miniseries, the last part of the final show (Prime Suspect 7: The Final Act) will air Sunday on Masterpiece Theatre (PBS). This is what made Helen Mirren my favorite actress...if you haven't seen some of the earlier segments, please do. Tremendous acting and screenplay.

Wikipedia for the uninitiated:
"Prime Suspect's format is multiple miniseries: each case runs around 3½ hours (without commercials) usually aired in two parts. Prime Suspect 4 was an exception at 4½ hours in three semi-seperate cases.

The first five series were produce at a steady pace of one every 18 monthes, until Helen Mirren left the roll to avoid typecasting (acording to a PBS interview). She returned to the character after a seven year gap."

I was wondering what had contributed to her getting your Fave Actress ranking. Have you seen her in the Greenaway film, 'The Cook, The Thief, HIS WIFE and her Lover'?

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
I was wondering what had contributed to her getting your Fave Actress ranking. Have you seen her in the Greenaway film, 'The Cook, The Thief, HIS WIFE and her Lover'?

Hmm, can't say I have.

My first Mirren experience was with "Some Mother's Son". She was so brilliant in that movie. After that came "Prime Suspect", and more recently, the Elizabeth I miniseries. If you haven't caught that, DO IT, it's the best portrayal of Queen Liza on film.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mirren is fabulous as Jane. And fabulous in her other roles as well. FYI, the New Yorker recently profiled her.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mirren's portrayal of Her Maj in the recent film The Queen (for which she won the Venice Best Actress award) was exceptional.
Impeccable accent.

I watched The Pledge tonight, she's there too! Everywhere...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 142 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 266 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40