• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pricing in Bicester Village

francisl

Reaction score
I have a job interview next Wednesday and realised that I need some dress shirts.

As it happens I'm leaving London to visit my parents in Oxfordshire this weekend and so will be travelling via Bicester Village tomorrow, I thought this the perfect time to buy a shirt or two.

I've never been to Bicester before and I was wondering the pricing on stuff there.

These are some of the following shops I'm interested in:

Brooks,Charles Tyrwhitt, Gieves, Hackett, Paul Smith, Pink, and RL Polo.

Does anyone know the sort of pricing for shirts in those stores in Bicester, I'll see for myself tomorrow but I'm intrigued before hand so I can budget accordingly.

Thanks

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've not been in a while, but discounts vary from 25% to 95% off retail depending on the franchise and line and any particular sales or clearances. Most staple items seem to be around 30 - 50% off retail. Stock and pricing has varied every occasion I've been - a lot of the stuff is clearance and samples so is dependent on what hasn't sold in the shops.

Be sure to sign up on their website - you can print out a voucher that will give you 10% off on your first visit (you need to take it to the site office to get stamped).

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks = £60+ (Nice staff but I couldn't see much difference in quality to John Lewis own brand stuff)
Charles T= £20+ (My personal choice, 5 for £100 deals and great service)
Gieves = £75+ (Nice, but I can't understand why the name is worth 3 times more than Charles T.)
Hacket = £65+ (Entirely casual selection)
Paul S. = £55+ (Incredibly poor service. Staff act like they are in a boutique and you asked for discount. Wouldn't shop there again)
Pink = £50+ (About half price, service was mediocre, but good choice in normal sizes.)
Ralph L = £35+ (The more you spend the more you save. Purple label stuff is a great deal, Polo is almost full price. Also lacking in formal shirting.)

hst

Reaction score
CT will probably give you the best bang for the buck at Bicester. The price goes down to 17-18GBP for shirts on clearance.

Just to add that you can get 4 regular CT shirts from the London stores or online for 100GBP.

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
When I was there G&H shirts were 3 for £95, Charles Tyrwhitt for about £20 each. Brooks Brothers, I can't really remember as all the shirts I saw there had pockets which ruled them out for me.

Selection is limited though, especially if you want slim fit.

francisl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Brooks = £60+ (Nice staff but I couldn't see much difference in quality to John Lewis own brand stuff)
Charles T= £20+ (My personal choice, 5 for £100 deals and great service)
Gieves = £75+ (Nice, but I can't understand why the name is worth 3 times more than Charles T.)
Hacket = £65+ (Entirely casual selection)
Paul S. = £55+ (Incredibly poor service. Staff act like they are in a boutique and you asked for discount. Wouldn't shop there again)
Pink = £50+ (About half price, service was mediocre, but good choice in normal sizes.)
Ralph L = £35+ (The more you spend the more you save. Purple label stuff is a great deal, Polo is almost full price. Also lacking in formal shirting.)

Thanks for all that.

Shame about the Paul Smith service - I find it the same in the Avery Row shop in London.

I'll report back later, unfortunately I was looking for slim fitting stuff so I guess it'll be hit and miss.

Thanks for the comments.

francisl

Reaction score
Thought I'd update about my Bicester experience, which was great throughout.

Only had a couple of hours but managed to get through quite a few places.

Polo RL first: very disappointed by the selection and sizing and lack of decent discounts. Also it was easily the busiest shop.

Hackett - Got a couple of shirts for £30 each, I think there was a discount for an extra one saving £15 but I couldn't find another I liked in my size. Friendly service and helpful throughout. They were also selling chinos at £25 or £30 a pair but I decided against it.

Checked out Cath Kidston (for the girlfriend) then wandered a bit down left from RL. Ended up at Pink and didn't consider that a discounted to £70 shirt was worth it.

Went to Charles T and got a couple of shirts at £20 each. Bargain. Also nearly bought some shoes but they didn't have them in my size, but their shoes were very nicely priced in there. Again very
friendly staff.

Paul Smith, didn't experience the bad service that was mentioned here. I bought a tie for £29, then asked at the counter as I was paying if they had any cufflinks in there (couldn't see them even though they were right by the door) and the sales guy said "They're over there, if you want any just let me know." Bought a pair (£21) and again shop keeper was very friendly. Perhaps it would have been different if I was asking more complicated questions, but for what I needed found them to be very helpful.

Wandered to Brooks, shirts were about £40 each I think. Didn't buy any, though saw a SC from £369 down to £40, but I'd spent enough, wasn't completely convinced, and my girlfriend hated it, so that was a No.

Went to Aubin and Wills and picked up a zip orange/red hoodie for lying around the house in £40 down from £100 (though unlike all other shops here, I never would have paid the full price for it).

Overall very good couple of hours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics