• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Price this vintage belt buckle

Gucci Uomo

Reaction score
I decided not to sell this buckle. I'll wear it with a casual seventies suit or blazer and jeans.

1978 Cadillac Seville designed by Gucci ad.

sevilleef1.jpg

Gucci Uomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Boy, that's pretty T-A-C-K-Y

If you're talking about the buckle, that picture was taken when it still had a layer of nickle. Now it looks aged and oxydized almost like denim hardware and it doesn't reflect light that much.

I like the idea of aged luxury, things that people valued in the past. If it's tacky, then I would add: intentionally tacky, because I acheived the exact look that I wanted.

As for the batman symbol, the funny thing is, there are allot of batmen who still pay alotta money to become one. It was the most popular interlocking "GG" logo for Gucci menswear and jewelry. The one on a car is abit different.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
^+1. The inner piece kinda looks like the Batman symbol.

It comes with a small flashlight (like on a utility belt). You shine the light through the buckle up at the sky and a guy in a leisure suit will appear to help you in time of crisis.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll give you $1.95 for it, but only with free overnight FedEx.

Gucci Uomo

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind being a batman during late seveties, on my way to 54 driving that white popemobile, with batchicks like these:

lol8[1].gif

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
It comes with a small flashlight (like on a utility belt). You shine the light through the buckle up at the sky and a guy in a leisure suit will appear to help you in time of crisis.

laugh.gif
Classic line!

As for the buckle, if you dare to dream it then more power to you sir.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gucci Uomo
Another batman brass buckle belt, this time for $600
83981vv9.jpg
phyton http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=230147438341

That's costly because of the python skin. That buckle in the first post is not an example of "aged luxury." Maybe aging tackiness is a better phrase. One also suspects that buckle may be an example of those awful licensed belt/wallet sets from the '80s sold at airport duty-free shops.

Gucci Uomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
That buckle in the first post is not an example of "aged luxury." Maybe aging tackiness is a better phrase.

The buckle in the first post looks like the one in the last post ( in terms of oxydization).

If anybody thinks that I'm trying to push this buckle - you are wrong. I wouldn't put those ****** cell phone images If I'd try to impress anybody. I know that it looks crap and it looks much thinner than it really is. I'm keeping it, you will not see it on e-bay or anywhere else. ok

I began to collect this stuff, because I'm interested in history of these brands unlike most people here.

Originally Posted by LabelKing
One also suspects that buckle may be an example of those awful licensed belt/wallet sets from the '80s sold at airport duty-free shops.

As for 80's "duty free " and licensing - could be so, if those licensed belts were made in Italy like this one. I don't know. I'm not an expert. But there is one thing I know, the quality of detail in this buckle is better than any used Gucci belt buckle I've ever seen on ebay. That's just an observation. I know a person who wore it, unfortunately I can't ask him where he bought it, because he's dead.

So the closest guess so far is "awful 80's airport licensing".

Any other ideas?

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gucci Uomo
I'm keeping it, you will not see it on e-bay or anywhere else. ok I began to collect this stuff, because I'm interested in history of these brands unlike most people here.
Boo hoo....it looks no different than the belts Gucci offers today. Here is the condensed history of Gucci: Garbage pre-tom ford Sort of interesting collections toward the end of his career. Back to garbage that is 10x worse than anything they have ever put on the runway. Frida gianni is a hot mess. DL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads