1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Price of a Shine in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Jul 24, 2007.

1. LARon

LARon Well-Known Member

In my experience, a Chicago shine is really something to talk about. They seem to be the most conscientious shoe shiners of any city. So, I'm not surprised we've actually now devoted a thread to the Chicago shine.

2. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Well-Known Member

Where can I get shirts with those long Scorsese goombah collars? Just for fun I'd like to have one.

http://www.ericglennie.com/

3. Despos

Despos Well-Known Member

Where can I get shirts with those long Scorsese goombah collars? Just for fun I'd like to have one.

Geneva Shirtmakers in NY made the shirts for the movie.

$4. in the basement of the Hancock Tower next to the FedEx office.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

http://www.ericglennie.com/

You beat me to it (and not in the Conne sort of way).

Jon.

5. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

In my experience, a Chicago shine is really something to talk about. They seem to be the most conscientious shoe shiners of any city. So, I'm not surprised we've actually now devoted a thread to the Chicago shine.

Really?

The only time I've ever allowed anyone else to shine my shoes was when I was in London.

6. Despos

Despos Well-Known Member

Really?

The only time I've ever allowed anyone else to shine my shoes was when I was in London.

Shine Snob!!! [​IMG]

7. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

Shine Snob!!! [​IMG]

Haha, Perhaps.

I would venture to guess your simply jealous of my perfectly shined shoes [​IMG]

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Actually, one of the best shines I got was in Shanghai. It was in a formerly high-end (not too high-end as to be intimidating but enough to keep the lower classes out) hairdressers that is now state-owned and still somewhat pricey.

He spent 20 minutes on my boots.

9. Little Elvis

Little Elvis New Member

I debated whether or not I should reveal the best shine in the city of Chicago...

Basement of the Board of Trade. $3.

Hopefully, I won't have to wait in line now.

10. Teacher

Teacher Well-Known Member

11. Teacher

Teacher Well-Known Member

This was on the cable a few weeks ago, like frakking baby with the teletubbies, I was stuck in front of the TV for hours. Then I ate some Italian food...

Dude, I wouldn't. It's like flying colors in the wrong neighborhood...you could get yourself shot...then stabbed, beaten, kicked with steel-toed boots, made up like a five-dollar whore, Sicilian-necktied*, and finally dumped on your mother's porch with a note that says "do not fukkin open til Xmas." Not worth it, man, not worth it.

*I have just coined a new word and deserve full recognition. That's two.