1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Price list for alden

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Dec 8, 2003.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

I've been browsing the forum archives relating to high-end shoes and couldn't find much relating to Alden's--either their RTW calfskin line or cordovan line. I remember someone mentioning periodic discounts at the SF and Carmel store, which I don't mind waiting for, however, how much are these discounts? Can someone throw some ballpark figures about their best deal or mediocre deals on Alden shoes? FWIW, I'm more interested in the cordovan rather than the calfskin line.

thanks again to the resident shoe hounds,
    norcal

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

You're not going to find Alden shoes on sale very often. Sierra Trading Post has Aldens at pretty good prices every so often, and there are usually Alden-made models at Brooks Brothers' twice-yearly sales. I've never seen sales at the Alden Shop in San Francisco, and Adam Knott usually only marks discontinued Fan shoes down at Alden of Carmel.

Typically, sale calfskin Aldens will be around $200, and sale shell cordovan Aldens will be $100 or $120 more.