• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***price increase*** LEGENDARY SVB WINGTIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
For Your Private Collection
You witnessed the meteoric rise of Stanley Van Buren, now you can forever own a small piece of epic StyleForum history. Available for the first and only time, this rare pair of former deadstock 1950's made in the USA longwings have journeyed across time, space, and the internet to find their way to one lucky collector who will surely become the envy of SW&D peasantry and royalty alike.

From his early days of posting, SVB wore these wingtips with pride. His very first WAYWT post featured them, along with other legendary pieces such as the Epaulet Red Club Collar Oxford (also no longer available!) and the blue 1976 Fiat Spider (no longer available ):

first WAYWT post on this forum; reposting from the Epaulet thread, here are my totally obnoxious and over-the-top photos for today:

Epaulet Red Club Collar Oxford
Vintage Webley tie
J. Crew Navy Cords
Vintage Stetson longwings
1976 Fiat 124 Spider

inspiring such comments as:

Is there candy in the glovebox for the children?

and

realtalk: you give me the creeps

Who could have known then that Stanley Van Buren would go on to become Styleforum Royalty
2122.png
and to this day, still holds the record for the HIGHEST RATED POST OF ALL TIME:

Ok, so the wingtips didn't make it into that picture, but still, you know these shoes from all your favorite SVB fits. From the office...

to the alley

these shoes can, and have, done it all. They work with suits, they work with jeans, they work with shorts even. Due to their legendary status, the TSA does not require these shoes to be removed in order to clear security at the airport (although you may be asked to present their Certificate of Authenticity).

These shoes have journeyed all over the United States as Stanley Van Buren is a well-known leisure enthusiast and frequent traveler. They have stomped the ground of such famous exotic destinations as Portland, Oregon, Laughlin, Nevada, and the San Fernando Valley (yes, "THE" Valley!).

And no StyleForum journey would be complete without inspiring fellow StyleForum Royalty
2122.png
to lose their heads:

"SVB have you considered that maybe those shoes are a little too thick as it appears they have a double sole that looks to me to be approximately 2cm in height and sticking out from the upper approximately 1cm all around and in a color that is slightly more towards the red area of the color spectrum also the open lacing really isnt appropriate for wearing with a suit and so based on my calculations these rate about a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 if we allow only integers (otherwise I might be willing to give you 2 and 5/8)." -- gettoasty

"Goddamn it, SVB, stop wearing those clunky wintips with every ******* outfit, you are a lawyer, you can afford some Paul Smiths or something" -- Teger

"STANLEY VAN BUREN. STANLEY VAN BUREN." -- Miran

Crafted by the now-defunct Stetson Shoe Company (no relation to the Stetson Hat Company) sometime in the 1950s, these wingtips originally came with leather "suicide" heels, but have no been replaced with a less death-defying rubber heel. The double leather soles are still going strong and have many years of life left in them, if you are crazy enough to want to wear these instead of putting them on display. Cedar shoe trees have been used at all times and regular polishing has kept the leather in beautiful shape.

Shoes will come with a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Mr. Van Buren himself (estimated value: $gold). Shoe trees not included. Price includes shipping within the Continental United States.

Shoes are size 8D, although this is not strictly relevant as these are not intended to be worn.

Offered at the modest price of ***PRICE INCREASE DUE TO APPRECIATION/INFLATION***
$1000 $2000 or best offer.

Attachments

• IMG_4069.jpg
    IMG_4069.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4070.jpg
    IMG_4070.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4071.jpg
    IMG_4071.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4072.jpg
    IMG_4072.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4073.jpg
    IMG_4073.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4074.jpg
    IMG_4074.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4075.jpg
    IMG_4075.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This

"Goddamn it, SVB, stop wearing those clunky wintips with every ******* outfit, you are a lawyer, you can afford some Paul Smiths or something" -- Teger

Also the heck you wear size 8?!?

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing the certificate of authenticity, but not the shoes. Also, I would like a signed copy of the record-holding photograph, but I would prefer not to use my real name. Please PM.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing the certificate of authenticity, but not the shoes. Also, I would like a signed copy of the record-holding photograph, but I would prefer not to use my real name. Please PM.

But if I sell you the certificate then how will I ever sell the shoes without their documentation? There is only one certificate.

sridhar3

Reaction score
So much win.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
High entertainment factor here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$3,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads