• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PRICE DROPS Tweeds, jacketings, suitings

PRICE DROPS Tweeds, jacketings, suitings

C&A

Reaction score
C&A submitted a new resource:

Tweeds, jacketings, suitings - Robert Noble, high twist, vintage, suiting, jacketing

Selling off some of my unfunded liabilities, all prices exclusive of shipping:

View attachment 788709

Robert Noble (http://robert-noble.co.uk) harris tweed, large pow, brownish black and off-white, approx 13 oz, 240 x 154, USD 150

View attachment 788678 View attachment 788679

Robert Noble (http://robert-noble.co.uk) large russell plaid, fairly soft hand, probably lambswool, approx 13 oz,...

Read more about this resource...

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&A submitted a new resource:

Tweeds, jacketings, suitings - Robert Noble, high twist, vintage, suiting, jacketing

Read more about this resource...

Wow that big POW is FANTASTIC
this, gentlemen, is straight outta the glorious 1930s
Might be one of the rare LL test runs that made it to the fabric market before being cut by thebest shears of the world? And being painstakingly hand-stitched by the most skilled tailors of the world.

fassbinder

Reaction score
Wow that Islay tweed looks like the original Prince of Wales variation on the Glen Urquhart check. Perhaps even the variation that Agnelli famously wore to the race track and Juventus matches. Its not currently listed on the Islay website so I imagine it is some long out of production vintage tweed. I understand that Islay makes Huntsman's very special house tweeds; perhaps this is a rare test run for that noble Savile Row house.

C&A

Reaction score
Wow that big POW is FANTASTIC
this, gentlemen, is straight outta the glorious 1930s
Might be one of the rare LL test runs that made it to the fabric market before being cut by thebest shears of the world? And being painstakingly hand-stitched by the most skilled tailors of the world.

the large pow does indeed have some similarity to the ll one

C&A

Reaction score
Wow that Islay tweed looks like the original Prince of Wales variation on the Glen Urquhart check. Perhaps even the variation that Agnelli famously wore to the race track and Juventus matches. Its not currently listed on the Islay website so I imagine it is some long out of production vintage tweed. I understand that Islay makes Huntsman's very special house tweeds; perhaps this is a rare test run for that noble Savile Row house.

thanks for the background. it probably helped sellinng it quite quickly. any more recommendation and interesting stories about the remaining fabrics i listed?

fassbinder

Reaction score
thanks for the background. it probably helped sellinng it quite quickly. any more recommendation and interesting stories about the remaining fabrics i listed?

That colorful vintage twist worsted is a beauty. Importantly it was made in Scotland where this type of cloth originated from and where the best examples were made. It is bullet proof, will literally last a life time and the drape will be epic. Unfortunately the majority of the weaving machines that made this kind of cloth have been destroyed. Additionally it is now impossible to find high quality heavy weight colored threads that give this kind of cloth its unique character. Someone should really snap it up, because we will never see the likes of this kind of cloth again.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads