• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Price Drops: Brand New Isaia 7-Fold ties, Battistoni ties, + more ties (40 total)

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**All Prices Reduced** New deal - buy two Isaia, receive a free non-Isaia tie from below (excluding the longchamp) Buy three Isaia, receive two free ties. Buy all four Isaia, receive four free ties. added new photos of remaining Isaia and Longchamp to better show the true color The Isaia are brand new, 7-Fold and retail for $225 a piece. The silks are wonderfully thick, and extremely luxurious. The price is $75 per tie, including shipping in the US. The rest are gently used and in excellent condition. The Longchamp is NWT. There are some additional ties below the Isaia, including a sharp Longchamp. I gladly ship internationally at cost. I will work out deals for multiple purchases. I will be listing some Isaia Napoli dress shirts and a Lorenzini shirt as well. Here are the Isaia. These are from the top line. Nothing short of fantastic. 9) This one is great - dark brown with a sky blue pattern:
tie2.jpg
Brown-Blue1.jpg
Brown-Blue2.jpg
10) Dark brown with amber and sky blue accents:
PICT0011.jpg
Brown-Amber1.jpg
Brown-Amber2.jpg
15) Amber, cranberry, and blue stripe. A bit lighter-weight silk than the rest:
tie3.jpg
Amber-Cranberry1.jpg
Amber-Cranberry2.jpg
24) Gorgeous Charvet-like Longchamp tie. Light gold ground with subtle shimmery periwinkle weave. Retail was around $125. Brand new with tag. $40 shipped:
tie1.jpg
longchamp1.jpg
longchamp2.jpg
longchamp3.jpg
Here are a few odds and ends, priced to move. Hilditch & Key w/ Small paisley. 3.25" wide. Handmade in England. $25 shipped:
HK1-1.jpg
HK2-1.jpg
Very cool Zegna Silk/cashmere/wool tie. Really an awesome tie. $30 shipped:
ZegnaTie1.jpg
ZegnaTie2.jpg
25) Red Brooks Brothers textured ground with red dots, $16:
BBRedDot1.jpg
BBRedDot2.jpg
29) Navy with gold Hermes-style printed link Brooks Brothers, $13:
BBGold1.jpg
BBGold2.jpg
31) XMI for Nordstrom, red with fantastic white, dark blue, and yellow pattern. $13:
redXMI1.jpg
redXMI2.jpg
32) Dark champagne with steel blue dots, XMI for Nordstrom, $13:
beigeXMI1.jpg
beigeXMI2.jpg
33) Polo RL soft pink knit cotton or cotton/silk blend tie. $12:
polo1.jpg
polo2.jpg
34) Dark cranberry w/ orange stripe Express, brand new with tag. Seems to be Brooks Bros quality. $16:
express1.jpg
express2.jpg

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i have the 'autumn paisley' of isaia it is FABULOUS and the richest tie i have ever dealt with. these are all great ties, i really recommend the isaias they are superb. great ties, great photos too the paisleys are hot..they are coming back this year
The silks are so amazingly rich on these ties that the photos cannot truly capture them. I am blown away by the quality. Bergdorf Goodwill can attest to this.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These ties are gorgeous. But then I guess you don't need me to tell you that. So Brian, what do you need to sell now?
smile.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To Mike F.
What does it matter what he paid for the ties. Either they are worth his selling price to you or they are not.

You are making an elemental purchasing mistake. It should not matter what the product cost the seller, only what the value to you as a buyer is.

I'll give you an example. Someone inherits a house. He sells it for $100,000. Did he gouge the buyer? No, the buyer paid what it was worth to him.

Second example. Someone buys an equivalent house to the above house at foreclosure. He pays $50,000 and puts $10,000 into it. He sells it for $105,000. Did he gouge the buyer. Not if the buyer was satisfied with his purchase.

Third example. Someone buys an equivalent house for $100,000 from an owner. He has to sell it quickly, but wants to recoup his closing costs and commissions. So he lists it for $110,000. It doesn't sell because houses that are similar have sold for $100,000 and $105,000.

The point is that the market and the situation determine the value to the buyer. In the first two examples the sellers are selling their houses for less than the third seller. Yet the third seller was going to make the smallest profit. Do you think the buyers cared or should care.

Same scenario with Vmans ties. They are $225 ties. He's selling them for about $80. They are either worth it to the buyer or they are not. What does it matter how much he paid. If he got them for free are you suggesting that he should sell them for less than Century 21? If he paid more than $34, should he raise his prices. We all know now that it's possible to buy the ties for less than his prices directly from Century 21. Anyone that wants to do that should do so.

They are fairly priced and a buyer should either buy them or not buy them based on their perceived value to that buyer. Not how much the seller paid for them.

MikeF

Reaction score
This has gotten out of hand. I retract whatever I said. I agree that the Isaia ties are beautiful and are a good value at $85 given their retail price, which is indeed $225.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
To Mike F.
What does it matter what he paid for the ties. Either they are worth his selling price to you or they are not.

You are making an elemental purchasing mistake. It should not matter what the product cost the seller, only what the value to you as a buyer is.

I'll give you an example. Someone inherits a house. He sells it for $100,000. Did he gouge the buyer? No, the buyer paid what it was worth to him.

Second example. Someone buys an equivalent house to the above house at foreclosure. He pays $50,000 and puts $10,000 into it. He sells it for $105,000. Did he gouge the buyer. Not if the buyer was satisfied with his purchase.

Third example. Someone buys an equivalent house for $100,000 from an owner. He has to sell it quickly, but wants to recoup his closing costs and commissions. So he lists it for $110,000. It doesn't sell because houses that are similar have sold for $100,000 and $105,000.

The point is that the market and the situation determine the value to the buyer. In the first two examples the sellers are selling their houses for less than the third seller. Yet the third seller was going to make the smallest profit. Do you think the buyers cared or should care.

Same scenario with Vmans ties. They are $225 ties. He's selling them for about $80. They are either worth it to the buyer or they are not. What does it matter how much he paid. If he got them for free are you suggesting that he should sell them for less than Century 21? If he paid more than $34, should he raise his prices. We all know now that it's possible to buy the ties for less than his prices directly from Century 21. Anyone that wants to do that should do so.

They are fairly priced and a buyer should either buy them or not buy them based on their perceived value to that buyer. Not how much the seller paid for them.

awww my friend....i wished all my buyers had the same logic and mature wisdom as you. i wish you can articulate this concept to some "small-timers" i come across once in a while (on ebay too)
smile.gif

Don Marchello

Reaction score
Hello from Russia!
I wan t buy tie #11 Stunning multi-toned large blue paisley.

Give me delivery charge.

My mail Mdautov @gmail.com

Regards,
Marat

The Great Wazu

Reaction score
Oh...my...holy...batman.

Those are simply gorgeous. Even if they are from C21, I haven't seen anything of this calibur from there in all of my travels. Please let me clean up the drool from my cheeks.

#11 & #21, please. PM sent.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Great Wazu
Oh...my...holy...batman.

Those are simply gorgeous. Even if they are from C21, I haven't seen anything of this calibur from there in all of my travels. Please let me clean up the drool from my cheeks.

#11 & #21, please. PM sent.

For those of us without access to C21 or the other discount stores in NYC, these sellers are providing a service. I'm willing to pay for the value added (their time and effort, accessibility to products, etc.).

So thanks to Vman for the multi-tone blue paisley tie. I've been scouting for one since I lost an ebay auction for a Borrelli about 6 months ago.

And whether or not paisley ties are coming back is irrelevant to me. I wore a paisley tie yesterday that I bought from a forum member. Initially, I was disappointed in the colors, but it sure looked sharp from any more than about 1 foot away. I'm now a paisley convert!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
For those of us without access to C21 or the other discount stores in NYC, these sellers are providing a service. I'm willing to pay for the value added (their time and effort, accessibility to products, etc.).

Quoted for truth. Anything that saves me from having to visit that asylum is worth the money.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Quoted for truth. Anything that saves me from having to visit that asylum is worth the money.
I'm not from NYC, so when I visited last week it was the first time I had ever been to C-21. I have never seen a more insanely-busy store. Hundreds of people everywhere grabbing at everything, taking things from you as you are reaching for them. The look on the cashier's face when I brought him a basket filled with $1300 worth of ties was priceless. He literally spent a good ten minutes taking the security tags off the 30 or so ties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads