• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[SOLD] PRICE DROP - P JOHNSON (SARTORIA CARRARA) CHOCOLATE BROWN COTTON SUIT, SIZE 38/48

[SOLD] PRICE DROP - P JOHNSON (SARTORIA CARRARA) CHOCOLATE BROWN COTTON SUIT, SIZE 38/48

gparkth

Reaction score
Hi! I’m super-interested in this one. Just have two questions.
1. you have two different measures - one in the post and the other one in the thread. Which one is more correct one?
2. I’m wearing 38/48 typically and this one seems a bit tighter especially the jacket. Does the jacket has some fabric to let out at the back?

thanks
Taehyung

gwilliams84

Reaction score
Hi there, thanks for your message.

Apologies for the confusion. Please use the measurements in the actual product description - I took those more recently.

However, I'll re-measure the jacket when I get home tonight and will message you to confirm. FYI - I am a typical 38/48 also

gparkth

Reaction score
Hi there, thanks for your message.

Apologies for the confusion. Please use the measurements in the actual product description - I took those more recently.

However, I'll re-measure the jacket when I get home tonight and will message you to confirm. FYI - I am a typical 38/48 also
That will be super helpful. Thanks!
And the sleeves seems quite short comparing to the length of the jacket.
I’m 5’-10” /167lbs or 179cm/75kg. Just wondering if my height is matching to yours. Please let me know! Thanksn

gwilliams84

Reaction score
No worries, I'll re-measure the sleeves too. By way of comparison, I am 176cms tall and 72kg (so I think my build will be very similar to you.

gwilliams84

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response, I couldn't find my tape measure. Measurements are:

Sleeve (from seam at shoulder to end of sleeve): 59.5cm
Chest (under the armpit, lying flat and buttoned-up without pulling the fabric): 51cm

There's also 4cm of material at the chest - so you could let it out by about 3cm

gparkth

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response, I couldn't find my tape measure. Measurements are:

Sleeve (from seam at shoulder to end of sleeve): 59.5cm
Chest (under the armpit, lying flat and buttoned-up without pulling the fabric): 51cm

There's also 4cm of material at the chest - so you could let it out by about 3cm
Thanks for sharing! I think all of the measurement works and kind of same of my 48 size jacket but… the sleeve 59.5cm is strangely short. My jacket sleeve is around 63.5-64 at least.
Was it measured in same way I did in the attached photos? Perhaps yours are MTM so it could have quite different length of sleeves. I really would get this one but unfortunately i have to let go…
Thanks anyway!

Attachments

• 6AE4BE64-BD38-49ED-87B5-EB8C0C2F1CB1.jpeg
    6AE4BE64-BD38-49ED-87B5-EB8C0C2F1CB1.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 23
  • DACCE8AF-78D0-40E1-A2C7-E3C8843AE1AB.jpeg
    DACCE8AF-78D0-40E1-A2C7-E3C8843AE1AB.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 22

gwilliams84

Reaction score
I double checked and my measurement is correct. Unfortunately it can't be let out more than about an inch. Maybe I have stumpy arms :)

Terribly sorry it didn't work out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads