• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PRICE DROP: Horsehide Leather Jacket with Sheepskin shearling lining, size 38

Status
Not open for further replies.

guygardner

Reaction score
Was $159, now only $119!

The man who sold it to me was adamant that the shell is horsehide. I can't be sure, but the leather feels and looks just like the leather of my 1950s horsehide jacket. It is very strong and thick. The color is one of the nicest I have ever seen-a very dark brown with a warm brown patina developing along the edges and collar. Leather is in excellent condition, there is no cracking, only creasing where it should be and a nice patina.

The inside chest and back lining is real sheepskin shearling! This makes the jacket thicker, heavier and much warmer. It is very rare to find a jacket with a sheepskin shearling lining that isn't made entirely of sheepskin. This jacket was probably very expensive brand new. I am guessing the date to be from the late 1960s to early 1970s.

Jacket has hidden storm cuffs for added warmth and wind resistance. Jacket has 2 handwarmer pockets and two flap pockets. The only flaw I found was that the jacket is missing part of the bottom snap on the front storm flap (see photo). This is easy to replace using a snap replacement kit from amazon or ebay, or by a tailor. The storm flap stays in place though, so you don't really need to use the bottom snap anyways.

The jacket was made by "Natural Comfort New York" and is tagged a size 38. The jacket has been cleaned and the leather has been conditioned with Pecard's leather conditioner and is ready to go. Get it while you can, you won't see another one like this.

Measurements

Shoulder to shoulder: 18 inches
Pit to pit across chest: 20.5 inches
Shoulder to end of sleeve cuff: 24.5 inches
Length back and bottom of collar to hem: 24 inches

Shipping: To Canada is $19, to USA is $25. Contact me for shipping price if you live outside of N.America

Click here for more details!

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk