1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

PRICE DROP: Fender Japan ST57OLB 1957 Reissue Strat Stratocaster Lake Placid Blue

Discussion in '2011-2017 Other' started by jays978, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jays978

jays978 Well-Known Member

Up for sale:

Fender Japan ST57OLB - 1957 Reissue Stratocaster in Lake Placid Blue.

Imported straight from Japan by yours truly. This guitar is MINT! It is a true beauty! No dings or scratches. So easy to play. This is your chance to get your hands on a Fender Japan Strat, famous for its impeccable details and craftsmanship that rivals and some even say surpasses the American made Strats.

Neck Profile: C-shaped low profile maple
    Neck Width: 1 & 11/16th" at nut
    Fretboard: Maple
    Pickups: US Vintage
    5-way switch
    Body: Basswood
    Single-ply pickguard
    Chrome hardware
    Includes: Original Fender Gig bag & Whammy Bar

Buyer pays actual shipping. Available for pickup in the Boston area. Please feel free to reach out with any questions! Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. chriswastaken

chriswastaken Member

gotta rep this.. I'll second the quality of Japan v. American strats. I own the american version of this and bought it similarly used+mint for ~$1300. I'd rather have this and $500 in my pocket to spend on an amp, that's where much more of your tone comes from.
    This is no ordinary standard strat, the '57 has THE fender tone. Great 2nd guitar (or 1st if you're ballin' :))

1 person likes this.
  3. Left Hand

Left Hand Well-Known Member

Very nice guitar. I had a '54 MIJ from the 80's myself - the necks are beautiful to play on these. Have the pickups gotten better in recent years? The old ones weren't all that great.
    You actually can find these in the US, though they are rarer. I see them on CL from time to time. I've actually got a CIJ RI Jaguar that's my favorite guitar I own (though, I don't own that many anymore)
    Good luck with the sale, these are great instruments.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.