• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Price Changing Same As Stealing?

flaflo

Reaction score
So I was at a discount store and saw nice pair of slacks I saw on clearance for $59 (which I thought was too much) so I took another clearance sticker off of something else that was $15 and switched them. ( I have done this before no problem, my girlfriend showed me) But this time when I went to go check out the old lady said she needed to price check the slacks. I then said please hold these items I have to to my car to get my wallet. But I just drove away. Should I have anything to worry about, and is this as bad as stealing? Should I not go back there anymore? thanks im paranoid from too much chronic.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flaflo
Should I have anything to worry about, and is this as bad as stealing?.
Not only will it get the cops called on you it also makes you a dick.

Rock

Reaction score
I assume this is
spam[1].gif

If not, your girlfriend sounds like a class act.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flaflo
So I was at a discount store and saw nice pair of slacks I saw on clearance for $59 (which I thought was too much) so I took another clearance sticker off of something else that was $15 and switched them. ( I have done this before no problem, my girlfriend showed me) But this time when I went to go check out the old lady said she needed to price check the slacks. I then said please hold these items I have to to my car to get my wallet. But I just drove away. Should I have anything to worry about, and is this as bad as stealing? Should I not go back there anymore? thanks im paranoid from too much chronic.

Yes it's stealing you fool, by committing that act you're attempting to steal $45 from that the business that's not rightfully yours. If you can't pay what it costs it's not yours to have...

Wtf happened to morals for people to understand how simple this concept really is. I hope you get caught next time.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1187311956703xe5.jpg
Quick answer: You are flat out stealing. Also, if you get caught, it's considered burglary if you don't have enough money on your person to pay the original price.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stealing, Cheating, Lying- same thing. Your girlfriend showed you. Story of Adam and Eve?

Rock

Reaction score
Pardon me. I assume, rather, that you are a troll. My apologies. Good luck with the law degree.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a real question.. There is a clearance item at a store for 75% off. You take the item to the register and it rings correctly at the discounted price. The clerk then tells you that the item is on clearance and proceeds to discount it an additional 75% off. Would you inform the clerk that the clearance discount has already been applied? Do you consider that there may be repercussions for the clerk? Does the $ amount matter to you? This happened to me a few weeks ago.

bathtime

Reaction score
"The World of Web Trolling":

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...3trolls-t.html

----
The trolls employed what the M.I.T. professor Judith Donath calls a "pseudo-naïve" tactic, asking stupid questions and seeing who would rise to the bait. The game was to find out who would see through this stereotypical newbie behavior, and who would fall for it. As one guide to trolldom puts it, "If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it."
----

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
people like you are why I can't afford a new pair of sneakers

its stealing

i hate you, go away

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I have a real question..

There is a clearance item at a store for 75% off. You take the item to the register and it rings correctly at the discounted price. The clerk then tells you that the item is on clearance and proceeds to discount it an additional 75% off.

Would you inform the clerk that the clearance discount has already been applied?

Do you consider that there may be repercussions for the clerk?

Does the $ amount matter to you?

This happened to me a few weeks ago.

What did you do?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads