• We would like welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Price Changing Same As Stealing?

flaflo

New Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
So I was at a discount store and saw nice pair of slacks I saw on clearance for $59 (which I thought was too much) so I took another clearance sticker off of something else that was $15 and switched them. ( I have done this before no problem, my girlfriend showed me) But this time when I went to go check out the old lady said she needed to price check the slacks. I then said please hold these items I have to to my car to get my wallet. But I just drove away. Should I have anything to worry about, and is this as bad as stealing? Should I not go back there anymore? thanks im paranoid from too much chronic.
 

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
12,416
Reaction score
155
Originally Posted by flaflo
Should I have anything to worry about, and is this as bad as stealing?.
Not only will it get the cops called on you it also makes you a dick.
 

Rock

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2007
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
I assume this is


If not, your girlfriend sounds like a class act.
 

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2008
Messages
2,121
Reaction score
15
Originally Posted by flaflo
So I was at a discount store and saw nice pair of slacks I saw on clearance for $59 (which I thought was too much) so I took another clearance sticker off of something else that was $15 and switched them. ( I have done this before no problem, my girlfriend showed me) But this time when I went to go check out the old lady said she needed to price check the slacks. I then said please hold these items I have to to my car to get my wallet. But I just drove away. Should I have anything to worry about, and is this as bad as stealing? Should I not go back there anymore? thanks im paranoid from too much chronic.

Yes it's stealing you fool, by committing that act you're attempting to steal $45 from that the business that's not rightfully yours. If you can't pay what it costs it's not yours to have...

Wtf happened to morals for people to understand how simple this concept really is. I hope you get caught next time.
 

onion

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
3,063
Reaction score
3
Quick answer: You are flat out stealing. Also, if you get caught, it's considered burglary if you don't have enough money on your person to pay the original price.
 

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
2,157
Reaction score
3
Stealing, Cheating, Lying- same thing. Your girlfriend showed you. Story of Adam and Eve?
 

Rock

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2007
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Pardon me. I assume, rather, that you are a troll. My apologies. Good luck with the law degree.
 

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
4,559
Reaction score
58
I have a real question.. There is a clearance item at a store for 75% off. You take the item to the register and it rings correctly at the discounted price. The clerk then tells you that the item is on clearance and proceeds to discount it an additional 75% off. Would you inform the clerk that the clearance discount has already been applied? Do you consider that there may be repercussions for the clerk? Does the $ amount matter to you? This happened to me a few weeks ago.
 

bathtime

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2006
Messages
353
Reaction score
2
"The World of Web Trolling":

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...3trolls-t.html

----
The trolls employed what the M.I.T. professor Judith Donath calls a "pseudo-naïve" tactic, asking stupid questions and seeing who would rise to the bait. The game was to find out who would see through this stereotypical newbie behavior, and who would fall for it. As one guide to trolldom puts it, "If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it."
----
 

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Joined
May 3, 2007
Messages
6,424
Reaction score
55
people like you are why I can't afford a new pair of sneakers

its stealing

i hate you, go away
 

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2007
Messages
4,283
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I have a real question..

There is a clearance item at a store for 75% off. You take the item to the register and it rings correctly at the discounted price. The clerk then tells you that the item is on clearance and proceeds to discount it an additional 75% off.

Would you inform the clerk that the clearance discount has already been applied?

Do you consider that there may be repercussions for the clerk?

Does the $ amount matter to you?

This happened to me a few weeks ago.

What did you do?
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

  • 7”

    Votes: 77 17.1%
  • 7.5”

    Votes: 149 33.1%
  • 8”

    Votes: 133 29.6%
  • 8.5”

    Votes: 50 11.1%
  • 9”

    Votes: 20 4.4%
  • 9.5”

    Votes: 9 2.0%
  • 10”

    Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 10.5”

    Votes: 9 2.0%

Related Threads

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
433,169
Messages
9,306,418
Members
195,313
Latest member
Freyed1984
Top