• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

President Obama, What is he wearing today? Pinned to HOF?

lordofpi

Reaction score
obama_victory.jpg

Well, tongue-in-cheek, I just wanted to be the first to say it and yet make it relevant. Possible WIHWT thread pinned? It can't be any worse some of the previous administrations, or can it?

Leading off on election night is a black suit with... ah, forget the whole thing. Impeach this guy: the rules dictate he ought to have been wearing a frock coat, and he violated those rules right from the start.

dopamine

Reaction score
He looked quite presidential. I too would be interested in finding out what he was wearing. I thought the tie was beautiful.

plotter

Reaction score
Chances are its Brooks Brothers. Like theres a 93% chance its Brooks Brothers. I can ask Martin Greenfield when I come by his factory this Saturday.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since Obama lives in Chicago, I will be disappointed if he doesn't wear a lot of Oxxford Clothes during his Presidency. It would be a natural.

I think he would look great in it and it would be good for his city, state, and nation.

I have a feeling Mike Cohen with Oxxford would be very happy to help President Obama.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a thread recently (might be on AAAC, my memory fails me) that said that he gets his suits custom made from HSM.

bandar

Reaction score
scrumhalf beat me to it, but: He's been wearing HSM the whole campaign I believe, since they are one of the remaining union suit shops in the US, and they are Chicago based. There's a Chicago Sun-Times article about it: link

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
arm holes look a bit low to be custom. I could be wrong though.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
I thought there was a thread recently (might be on AAAC, my memory fails me) that said that he gets his suits custom made from HSM.

Yes.

I think the ugly fact for forumites is that he really doesn't care about clothes very much.

He just looks good in them because he has a decent body and takes care of himself.

The current stuff, HSM mtm I believe, is an improvement over what he was wearing when he lost his race in 2000.

Of course Oxxford would be better. It's probably a matter of how much Michelle pushes him.

What was she wearing at Grant Park, with the black and the red? That was really eye-catching.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy looks good. He dressed the way he should while running for office. Now that he is "the man", wouldn't it be fun to dress him up just a bit? You know, an elegant navy pinstripe (I like that suggestion of Oxxford) , some nice brown oxfords, a tie with a bit more of a dimple.

lordofpi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hipcathobbes
Great idea.

See, I knew all the really good stuff would start coming out once I hit that 200-post mile marker!

Originally Posted by bandar
scrumhalf beat me to it, but:

He's been wearing HSM the whole campaign I believe, since they are one of the remaining union suit shops in the US, and they are Chicago based.

There's a Chicago Sun-Times article about it: link

From the article: "Shoppers have started asking for the Obama suit -- the navy blue, worsted-wool, two-button suit..."

Wow, that Obama sure is different! What the hell kind of change is this? I thought for sure by change he meant he was going to lead the nation into the Teens of the first century of the third milennium with some new sartorial standards!

Well, I guess it's better than the change in wardrobe this guy got:

roflbot-5bhr.jpg

clubbyjones

Reaction score
This may be stupid, but HSM is where? I was glancing for a website but never saw one!

r_fine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Yes.

I think the ugly fact for forumites is that he really doesn't care about clothes very much.

He just looks good in them because he has a decent body and takes care of himself.

The current stuff, HSM mtm I believe, is an improvement over what he was wearing when he lost his race in 2000.

Of course Oxxford would be better. It's probably a matter of how much Michelle pushes him.

What was she wearing at Grant Park, with the black and the red? That was really eye-catching.

Nice avatar, Mack.

Makes Obama look suspiciously like Arnold Schwarzenegger...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads