• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Present over 100 K that is not a watch, car or art - any suggestions?

chroMe

Reaction score
Scrape together another $100k and buy a return ticket on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic's sub-orbital flight.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An all expense paid bespoke wardrobe spending spree:

In my case, it would be:

Naples for Ambrosi pants
Florence for Liverano & Liverano bespoke suiting; Hidetaka Fukaya, Stefano Bemer and Roberto Ugolini bespoke shoes; and bespoke shirting and ties from Tie your Tie
Tokyo for Ginza Tailor bespoke suiting
Saville Row for A&S sports jacket and Norton & Sons suiting
Paris for Charvet shirting and Arnys overcoat, ties and umbrella
Northampton for G&G bespoke shoes

Any left over money can be spent on a high end point and shoot camera plus 3 day "how to photograph yourself for WAYWT" tutorial with Phat Guido in Sydney

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the entertaining as well as for the serious suggestions.
I will let you know what the result is (if there will be one).

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
Exotic suggestions welcome - this is a serious question.

If you are spending 100k, you want the item to retain some sort of value. Thus, it is difficult not to spend it on a Patek or some art work.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Threads like this indicate there are way too many trust-fund babies in this country wiling away their extra cash. I mean if you really need an internet forum to figure out what to do with 100k, you're really messed up and must have a fairly docile brain to boot. I've always wondered too about the occasional 20 somethings who post here with their dozens of multiple-thousand dollar suits... where do they get the cash?
eh.gif

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^
I see your point, but I understand asking on a forum like this too. I usually have a hard enough time choosing gifts for family or friends.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
Threads like this indicate there are way too many trust-fund babies in this country wiling away their extra cash. I mean if you really need an internet forum to figure out what to do with 100k, you're really messed up and must have a fairly docile brain to boot. I've always wondered too about the occasional 20 somethings who post here with their dozens of multiple-thousand dollar suits... where do they get the cash?
eh.gif

What makes you think he is American?

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
What makes you think he is American?
True, it seems like the kind of a question a guy from the middle or far east would ask

"...a Gucci-accessorized Hummer only a Persian would think is cool" -South Park

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
Front row seats to a live production of a snuff film. PM for info.

Joe, is that you? I told you to stop talking about that ****. P.S. - don't forget to pick up the ski masks and phenobarbital.

Let's see, for $100k you want to get something that will last, something that will retain it's value, and something that is easy to run away with when the feds come calling. It should be easy to fit in a body cavity. I'd go with a flawless diamond in the 4 carat range. My cousin Shelly in Amsterdam can help you out with that . . . .

A fast boat is a good option too - not easy to hide, but make fleeing easier. A 38' 2000 Fountain Lightning will cost you about $95,000. Use the remaining $5,000 to have it painted flat black.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads